Problem with FreeTalk ConnectMe and Skype Voicemai...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Problem with FreeTalk ConnectMe and Skype Voicemail

[ Edited ]
Hi, I just purchased a FreeTalk Connect Me. It is connected to a cordless phone, with NO answering machine. I have been using Skype on my computer for years, and have been receiving my Skype voicemail on the computer (without the cordless phone). However, since connecting the FreeTalk Connect Me, Skype voicemail no longer picks up when I or anyone else calls it. If I shut off the FreeTalk ConnectMe, Skype voicemail picks up. If I turn on the FreeTalk ConnectMe, Skype on my mac and PC, along with the corldless phone, just ring and ring, and then eventually the line goes dead. How do I change this so that FreeTalk does not interfere with my normal Skype Voicemail? Why the heck should this phone adapter prevent Skype Voicemail from picking up? It doesn't even have to do anything for this to happen...
bertmommie
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 15 (1,307 Views)

Re: Problem with FreeTalk ConnectMe and Skype Voicemail

bertmommie wrote:
Hi, I just purchased a FreeTalk Connect Me. It is connected to a cordless phone, with NO answering machine. I have been using Skype on my computer for years, and have been receiving my Skype voicemail on the computer (without the cordless phone). However, since connecting the FreeTalk Connect Me, Skype voicemail no longer picks up when I or anyone else calls it. If I shut off the FreeTalk ConnectMe, Skype voicemail picks up. If I turn on the FreeTalk ConnectMe, Skype on my mac and PC, along with the corldless phone, just ring and ring, and then eventually the line goes dead. How do I change this so that FreeTalk does not interfere with my normal Skype Voicemail? Why the heck should this phone adapter prevent Skype Voicemail from picking up? It doesn't even have to do anything for this to happen...

While hardware devices are sometimes "Skype Certified" it is still best that one contacts the manufacturers of these devices to get the most correct answers as well as support.

You can do that here, in this case: http://www.freetalkconnect.com/faq/product/me/

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 1614
Message 2 of 15 (1,291 Views)

[ Edited ]

@bertmommie: Did you ever get Skype voicemail to work with Freetalk connectme? I'm getting no help from Freetalk. This is (according to their website) supposed to be a "Full Skype Experience" - without voicemail, I'm better off without the Freetalk device.

markinboonenc
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 15 (1,247 Views)

[ Edited ]

markinboonenc wrote:

@bertmommie: Did you ever get Skype voicemail to work with Freetalk connectme? I'm getting no help from Freetalk. This is (according to their website) supposed to be a "Full Skype Experience" - without voicemail, I'm better off without the Freetalk device.

What are your Skype voicemail settings set to? Do you have a computer to see what a Skype client that shows what your current Skype voicemail settings are?

Note: You can also check and enable/disable voicemail from your account page as well: https://secure.skype.com/account/main-page

By default if Skype voicemail is not enabled and you are online with a computer/device then calls will never go to Skype voicemail.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Message 4 of 15 (1,243 Views)

I am having a similar experience.  Voicemail works fine if the ConnectMe is *not* connected, but as soon as the device is connected, voicemail doesn't work.

darknighte
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 15 (1,177 Views)

darknighte wrote:

I am having a similar experience.  Voicemail works fine if the ConnectMe is *not* connected, but as soon as the device is connected, voicemail doesn't work.

This device currently resets voicemail to kick in at 60 seconds, and there is no method to change that at this time.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Message 6 of 15 (1,175 Views)

Same voicemail problem here in Chicago.  Voicemail always worked fine when Skyping in and out of computer, but voicemail does not function once the Freetalk ConnectMe device is plugged in.  A 60-second ring until voicemail pick-up?  Unbelievable and unacceptable for a business line.  This device is useless to me unless I can change that.

chicagodand
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 15 (1,130 Views)

I'm having a bit of the opposite problem with voicemail; the Skype voicemail is kicking in too quickly with the ConnectMe device.  I've got a cordless phone base system with its own voicemail connected to the ConnectMe adapter, and I'd rather pick up the cordless voicemail than have to retrieve it from Skype (I wish they did e-mail notifications with the voice mail attached as a .wav file or something, but that's another discussion...)

Instead, the ConnectMe adapter is shooting it off to Skype voicemail after about three rings.  I've tried disconnecting the adapter, logging into the account using the Skype software, changing the voicemail settings (including turning it off) and saving them, but to no effect with the adapter when I plug it back in.  The Skype voicemail is still kicking in too quickly.

And of course, you can't log into your account on the Skype website and disable voicemail or change any settings there, like having it pick up only after 120 seconds.

Any thoughts?

jwhitlock1956
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 15 (1,103 Views)

Hi,

We're aware that some are experiencing problems with voicemail operation and are urgently investigating it.

/Simon

SimonW
Staff
Staff icon
Kudos: 8
Message 9 of 15 (1,085 Views)

Hi Simon

Thank you for your answer.

I have few question regarding this Freetalk Connect Me device.

1. When Freetalk send sample for test in Skype laboratory, how did you check there are no Voicemail and Caller ID in this device. What kind of feedback you expecting from market. I had seen Skype developer web and found Skype have world class level of Lab technology and testing method. Why Skype was fail to test this device.

2. Please visit Amazon. There are similer hardware product from other VOIP service provider. here are is the product calle OBi100 and OBi110. See what are feedback %. Out of 400 feedback there are no 1 or 2 star rating. All rating are 3, 4 and 5 star.

Now I am asking Skype why you are not manufacturing this kind of solid product for your services. Even this product price are nearly same as FREETALK Connect Me device.

I had seen people are posting there feedback regarding this product are not lying or fake. This problem are genuine and need to fix ASAP. I don't think it will take more than week to solve this. I don't understand why its delaying. Please retest this device for Skype customer.

This is an exclusive concept from manufacturer. I am congratulate to manufacturer to bring this product in this market.

I am sure after fixing all this bugs it will be world best device.

I am sorry if I wrote something wrong. Please don't misunderstand me.

I am big fan of Skype and its services.

Thank you.

priyalcomm
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 10 of 15 (1,078 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling