New versions are not always improvements

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New versions are not always improvements

I am stuck with Skype version 3.8.0.188 because the follow - up versions dropped the camera support for a number of perfectly working digital cameras. Why ?When I noticed this unimprovement, I wrote to Skype but did not get an answer.

I am using a Konica Minolta Dimage X50 camera.  Admittedly this is now an "old" camera, but it works like a charm and it allows me to zoom in and out while I have superb picture quality, far better than the stand-alone external cameras.

I like Skype and I would appreciate every new version if only I could keep using my camera.

It has worked flawlessly until the new versions turned up without the support for my camera. Why did Skype not continue to support this and other cameras?

The camera came with a CD for remote cameras.

I wish that Skype would pick up the support for the Konica Minolte Dimage X50 again.

I am sure you made a lot of people unhappy with that decision.

Wolfgang Oertel

buezwolf
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 1 (172 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling