My mic won't work

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

My mic won't work

Hi!

Last night I was talking with some friends, but suddenly they couldn't hear me anymore. I have tried to fix this many times, but whatever I do, it won't work.

I have checked all Skype's guides and so on, but they have all failed so far.

The headset's sound works fine, and when I use my webcamera's mic, it is fine too.

The headsets mic won't work at all, it is not only in Skype. I just think it is very strange that my webcamera's mic works fine and my headset sound works fine, but not my headset mic.

I really hope that some of you can help me, so I can use my headset again. Thanks! :happy:

rasmus-liver
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 4 (2,887 Views)

mike muted

rasmus-liver wrote:

Hi!

Last night I was talking with some friends, but suddenly they couldn't hear me anymore. I have tried to fix this many times, but whatever I do, it won't work.

I have checked all Skype's guides and so on, but they have all failed so far.

The headset's sound works fine, and when I use my webcamera's mic, it is fine too.

The headsets mic won't work at all, it is not only in Skype. I just think it is very strange that my webcamera's mic works fine and my headset sound works fine, but not my headset mic.

I really hope that some of you can help me, so I can use my headset again. Thanks! :happy:

barrymundy
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 2 of 4 (1,223 Views)

Re: mike muted

hi i have the same problem if you find the way please help

alaa73
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (1,112 Views)

Re: My mic won't work

Headsets tend not to take very much abuse.  Any normal moving parts of the mic can severe the mic connection over time.  This type of damage can happen on the mic or cable end.  This has to do with the quality and durability of the headset and has nothing to do with Skype itself.  I generally repair my headsets for as long as I can before they become unrepairable.  I also tend to purchase more than one replacement headset just in case a failure occurs when I need it the most.

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1103
Message 4 of 4 (1,104 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling