GE Dect 6.0 Skype Cordless Telephone keeps saying ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

GE Dect 6.0 Skype Cordless Telephone keeps saying filed to connect to skype

When I first got my skype phone, it worked fine, but it seems ever since a storm blew out our internet last Friday, my skype phone keeps failing to connect or failing to connect to the server to skign in. I'm at a loss at what to do now. Any suggestions? I've barely had the phone a few weeks.

p0tt34
Novel Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

0 Kudos

I got it fixed. Turns out my boyfriend's mother apparently went to the box and unplugged the ethernet cord from the modem to the skype box. Next time I'll go look there first...where I should have begun. :sad:

View solution in original post
p0tt34
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (1,613 Views)

Re: GE Dect 6.0 Skype Cordless Telephone keeps saying filed to connect to skype

I had a problem with downed powerlines while on my computer and the problem was some caps in the power supplw got blown.  When you tink about it, your phome ia connected al the time and I would suggest that it got something blown from a power surge

Michael

mhays8
Casual Adventurer
Message 2 of 3 (1,576 Views)

Re: GE Dect 6.0 Skype Cordless Telephone keeps saying filed to connect to skype

I got it fixed. Turns out my boyfriend's mother apparently went to the box and unplugged the ethernet cord from the modem to the skype box. Next time I'll go look there first...where I should have begun. :sad:

p0tt34
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 3 (1,566 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling