Freetalk - landline can't make or receive calls

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Freetalk - landline can't make or receive calls

After I dial a landline call using the Freetalk-connected phone, I hear a click and then silence.

When the Freetalk-connected phone rings with a landline call, I hear silence when I answer it.  In other words, the Freetalk box causes the Freetalk-connected phone to ring, but it does not allow me to hear the other party or for the other party to hear me. 

All Skype calls originated and received work fine.

I have tested both of the telephone cables (used with Freetalk) using a telephone directly connected to a landline jack to prove that the cables are fine.

I have done a Freetalk Factory Reset twice without change in the problem.

During initial Freetalk setup, Freetalk "tests" the landline and rings the telephone.

Two weeks ago, I submitted a problem report via www.FreetalkConnect.com but have not yet received a response.

brooklynparkmik
Reliable Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

0 Kudos

The replacement unit corrected both the failure to initiate outgoing landline calls and the failure to answer incoming landline calls problems. Thank you.

View solution in original post
brooklynparkmik
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 17 (1,542 Views)

Re: Freetalk - landline can't make or receive calls

Additional information:

If I unplug the Freetalk ConnectMe from the A/C power, I can make landline calls without problem. When I plug the Freetalk ConnectMe back into the A/C power and wait for it to boot, I can no longer make landline calls.

brooklynparkmik
Reliable Adventurer
Message 2 of 17 (1,515 Views)

Checking for you.

SKYPE STAFF MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN - PHILADELPHIA PA USA - UTC MINUS 5 HOURS

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1488
Message 3 of 17 (1,507 Views)

Hi brooklynparkmik,

Sorry to hear you didn't get our answer to your previous tickets, please ensure to white list our email address info@ebuynow.com as your SPAM filter may have pushed our response into your SPAM or TRASH folder.

Also you can visit: http://www.ebuynow.info/en/contact/lookup.php and with your email address and ticket ID you may have access to our responses. If the solution provided does not resolve the issue and you require further assistance, please add a comment and update the same ticket, one of our agents will be very happy to assist you.

Please be assured that your Freetalk ConnectMe is covered under a 12 month warranty and if the unit is deemed as defective, eBuyNow will reship them a new unit.

Happy Skyping!

Freetalk.Connect-Me.Pro

Connect-Me_PRO
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 4 of 17 (1,490 Views)

Two of the four tickets I have submitted since August 7, 2012 are not in the ticket lookup system. The one I submitted on August 7 is the only one of the two in the ticket system with a response and it says to dial a # first. I knew that. I've been doing that.

I get a short click after completion of landline dialing and then silence. If I unplug the Freetalk from A/C power, then I can make a landline call.

I added info@ebuynow.com to my ATT.NET email Contacts list. I hope that helps with receiving email messages.

brooklynparkmik
Reliable Adventurer
Message 5 of 17 (1,479 Views)

Hi again brooklynparkmik,

We have sent you a new message via our Support Center, please reply to this message also via our Support Center to follow up properly your case.

Regards,

Freetalk.Connect-Me.Pro

Connect-Me_PRO
Reliable Adventurer
Message 6 of 17 (1,463 Views)

Thanks for your help.

I found the new message posted on the support ticket lookup page and responded to it.

I did not, however, receive an email message for the new support ticket information. As I stated yesterday, I had added info@ebuynow.com to my ATT.NET email Contact list. My ATT.NET Spam Folder is empty. Perhaps, there is something wrong with info@ebuynow.com's outgoing email system.

I do receive the email messages from Community Mailer [noreply@skype.net] when a reply message is posted on the community.skype.com web site.

brooklynparkmik
Reliable Adventurer
Message 7 of 17 (1,452 Views)

I received a shipment notification email message sent from info@ebuynow.com that was sent early this morning.

I did not receive an email message for the update in the support ticket system made late last night.

Perhaps the support ticket system is not sending email messages for some reason????

brooklynparkmik
Reliable Adventurer
Message 8 of 17 (1,423 Views)

Hi brooklynparkmik,

Thanks for letting us know that you already received your shipping confirmation.

We have tested our support system and is working fine, maybe there was a small window were our IT department performed a mantenance.

Kind Regards,

Freetalk.Connect-Me.Pro

Connect-Me_PRO
Reliable Adventurer
Message 9 of 17 (1,387 Views)

The replacement unit corrected both the failure to initiate outgoing landline calls and the failure to answer incoming landline calls problems. Thank you.

brooklynparkmik
Reliable Adventurer
Message 10 of 17 (1,373 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling