Re: Freetalk Connect me firmware not upgrading

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Freetalk Connect me firmware not upgrading

My Freetalk connect me firmware is not upgrading. I contacted the ebuy and they asked me various details such as:

- What is your order number so that we may identify your order? - What color is the light on the device? Is it steady or flashing? - What is the Firmware version you currently have? - What operating system do you have? - What is the location you are connecting it from? - Who is your Internet service provider? DSL or Cable Modem? - What make and model is your modem/router? - Do you have any additional networking devices on your network? (WIFI access points, switches and similar). If so please list them all.

I gave them all the information and after that they are just not replying back. I am stuck with version 1.0.1 updated on 8/12/2011 without any caller id and lot of static. I want to return it back but don't know what to do. It's definitely not brininging good name for Skype. I would rather prefer vonage who are atleast responsive.

Can someone please help me?

The device is connected from more than 2 weeks and I have windows 7 and Mac Lion. I think Skype should intervene in this matter.

AGoyal
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (380 Views)

Re: Freetalk Connect me firmware not upgrading

Why doesn't freetalk provide a forced upgrade option so that user can manually update the firmware..The firmware has still not updated. I have provided all the information they eBuy has asked and also unhooked, hooked back the device. Am I still missing anything?

AGoyal
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 2 (357 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling