Re: Freetalk Connect me firmware not updating

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Freetalk Connect me firmware not updating

Hello,

My Freetalk Connect me unit has been online for more than two weeks but no update has been applied.  I am still stuck with firmware 1.0.5.5 with no caller id.

I sent a help request about the caller ID and that's how I knew about the new firmware version but it has yet to be applied.  A second help request about the update ended up with no answer.

Any idea how to resolve this?  Does it matter if the unit is overseas outside the US?

Thank you,

A

amerdsp
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 3 (1,042 Views)

[ Edited ]

To address your last sentence:

Connect Me currenly only provides support for U.S., Canada and U.K. Every country has its own legacy PSTN phone system idiosyncracies that need to be addressed. And the U.K. uses different firmware from the US/Canada one.

Jim Courtney
Editor and Publisher
Voice On The Web
@voiceontheweb
jimcanuck
Experienced Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 2 of 3 (1,040 Views)

Hi amerdsp,

To start helping you with the issue you are having, please go over our Quick Set Up Interactive Guide:
http://www.freetalkconnect.com/installguide/index.html#frame1 and let us know if the connections are set up properly.

Please make sure of the following:
- that the device is saving your changes, just unhook the power socket from the Freetalk Connect Me Main Unit, wait for a couple of seconds and then plug it back in.
- that the Freetalk Connect Me is wired to the same modem/router and remains with internet connection for at least 2 consecutive days.
- that your firewall (computer and/or modem/router) is temporarily disabled while trying to update the device.
- that you have your preferred update time set properly and the device connected and not in use at that time.

If you already went over the above and still unable to update please contact support@ebuynow.com so that they may help you further.

Best regards,

Connect-Me Pro

Connect-Me_PRO
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 3 of 3 (1,022 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling