Re: Freetalk Connect me adapter reboots during cal...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Freetalk Connect me adapter reboots during calls

Yes- its not the phone

fabdelkader
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 31 of 53 (785 Views)

debating returning the item or filing a claim

fabdelkader
Novel Adventurer
Message 32 of 53 (779 Views)

Of course you can contact Freetalk and request to return your device.

There are just a few that we are aware of that are having this kind of problem. We're working hard to try to reproduce it but unable to so far - we've made calls both to landlines and other Skype users many hours in length.

/Simon

SimonW
Staff
Staff icon
Kudos: 8
Message 33 of 53 (775 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have the exact same problems!

No external line, only using internet.

Software is v 1.0.5.6.

I've just made for test phone calls to my cell phone. The Freetalk Adapter BOTH drops calls and restarts.

Of my 5 phone calls 4 dropped. Here are my results:

#1 Dialed and answered successfully, dropped after 10 seconds to dial tone.

#2 Dialed and dropped (to dial tone) just as I was about to answer.

#3 Dialed and connected ok. Let the connection continue for 3 minutes and disconnected. No idea how long it would have been ok for.

#4 Dialed and dropped (to dial tone) just before it started to ring.

#5 Dialed and it began to ring. I picked up the phone and there was no audio. After about 5 seconds, I heard a click on FreeTalk phone and looked at FreeTalk box and it had gone solid red, then blinking green, then solid green.

med8or
Novel Adventurer
Message 34 of 53 (746 Views)

Tried another phone as well, but no change.  We've done everything on the list.  Hardware reset, software upgrade, power is on a UPS, swapped phones, swapped freetalk devices etc.   The only thing I can think of is that there might be some incompatibility with some brands of routers.   We are using a Linksys E1000 router at my friends who I recommended this to who is having all the rebooting trouble.   I am using an older Linksys router and a different ISP and have no trouble.     Could it be something with the ISP or the router?    My friend is about ready to return it for him money back, but I would really like to see it work for him as I love it when its working.

dreamhill
Casual Adventurer
Message 35 of 53 (697 Views)

I am having similar issues except mine is much more consistent.  I get dropped calls after about 30 seconds consistently on every call.   This started with one of the recent firmware updates, I believe the firmware update just before the current firmware version 1.0.5.6 perhaps 1.05.5 in late October 2011.   The adapter was not doing the drops prior to that.

bb45g
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 36 of 53 (683 Views)

I've noticed a lot of people have commented that AFTER they have done the update is when the problem of rebooting started.    For all those people having this trouble I wonder if somebody at freetalk can look to see what was changed that could have resulted in the rebooting problem for a percentage of the people?  or offer the old software version to download and turn off the updates to make the device even useable for some.    My friend who is having the trouble I've swapped freetalk devices with him and his device works perfect for me and mine which worked perfect is now doing the rebooting for him.   We've replicated everything on both sides as a process of elimination in troubleshooting the cause and the only things left that are different is he has a different ISP and network router.   I suspect the router or some setting of the router so that will be the next to eliminate as the cause if support can't come up with a solution.

dreamhill
Casual Adventurer
Message 37 of 53 (663 Views)

I have also been experiencing the same problem since it was plugged in.  Dropped calls inbound and outbound after a few seconds.  Tried different phones with same result.  Line is dead unusable for numerous seconds after call has been dropped and then tone comes back.  Firmware version 1.0.5.6, last updated on 11-19-2011.  

dangil
Novel Adventurer
Message 38 of 53 (655 Views)

Does anyone know if they have withdrawn the 1.0.5.6 firmware.  My unit is stuck on 1.0.5.5 and I assumed I had a problem with the upgrade process.

I'm wondering now if they've just withdrawn the new firmware.

BewickPlace
Casual Adventurer
Message 39 of 53 (604 Views)

As of 2 days ago they were still on 1.0.5.6 because they had me do a reset and my unit reloaded that same version... with the same problem.  They are mailing a new one.

dangil
Novel Adventurer
Message 40 of 53 (593 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling