Freetalk Connect•Me adapter

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

Freetalk Connect•Me adapter

Hi,
I'm interested in how the adapter works. I tried looking for reviews and setup guides to no avail.

From my understanding, the adapter gives a regular phone the ability to be used on Skype. However I have a few questions regarding the adapter.

1. If you're only using a phone with a regular adapter, how do you dial your Skype contacts?

2. Will I still be able to connect my phone to a regular landline along with the adapter?
Posted from HTC S510e

Accepted Solution

by power_user

Hi,

1. You can configure your contacts as speed dials and dial them using preconfigured numbers, like *1, *2, *3

2. Yes the product will alow you to use your regular land line as well.

Hope it helps :happy: 

View solution in original post
primetimelive
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 69 (2,305 Views)

Re: Freetalk Connect•Me adapter

Hi,

1. You can configure your contacts as speed dials and dial them using preconfigured numbers, like *1, *2, *3

2. Yes the product will alow you to use your regular land line as well.

Hope it helps :happy: 

power_user
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 2 of 69 (2,295 Views)

Thanks!  This helps with my decision greatly.  

Would this be a better solution than the Dualphone RTX 3088?  The adapter is cheaper at around $60.  And I've read so many bad reviews here on the forum about the Dualphone.  

primetimelive
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 69 (2,286 Views)

In my personal opinion the adapter is a better option because it allows you to use your existing home phone. I was personally waiting for an ATA type of a product that does not require a computer for Skype calling for a long time. I have never used RTX so I can’t judge but I think this adapter is a more of a natural approach.

Let me know your calling experience whatever option you decide to take.

power_user
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 69 (2,272 Views)

No problem, I'll let you know what happens. Just keep an eye on this thread.

I recently came into the possession of two VOIP3212 phones. I might just use them as a landline phone with the Freetalk Connect*Me adapter since I don't want to keep my computer on all the time.
Posted from HTC S510e
primetimelive
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 69 (2,259 Views)

I am looking into skype as my home phone.

1.) Does your home computer have to be on all the time if you utilize this adapter?:bigsmile:

2.) If I understand, a normal home phone will work with this adapter?

Thanks,

Dan

dkmontgomery
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 69 (2,177 Views)

1. Nope you dont need to have your computer on :happy:

2. Yes your home phone is then able to call in an out via Skype 

power_user
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 69 (2,048 Views)

Great! That is what I needed to know. I think I am going to be converting to Skyoe for phone real soon.:cool:

dkmontgomery
Routine Adventurer
Message 8 of 69 (2,031 Views)

I can't say how the adapter works but I've recently purchased and started using the RTX Dualphone 3088. Personally, I think it works great and Skype and landline calls are providing good quality sound and connection. And the phone works without having to leave a computer on and whatnot.
jason18
Casual Adventurer
Message 9 of 69 (2,021 Views)

Sorry but I didn't find a topic talking about if Linksys PAP-2T internet phone adapter works with skype ?

Please help to find any information about that 

thanks

Clayton

csrossi
Tourist
Message 10 of 69 (2,015 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling