Freetalk Connect-Me adapter

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Freetalk Connect-Me adapter

[ Edited ]

My unit seems to function ok, other than the fact that it drops calls after 15 to 20 minutes. However it does not update the firmware automatically and I can not find a way to do it manually. It is and has been on Ver. 1.0.1 since I hooked it up a month ago. Also, it causes my DSL to drop to dial up speeds. I have tried multiple factory resets both through the web interface and the hardware button.

waresk
Casual Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

0 Kudos

FINAL UPDATE: 1-25-2012 Finally tech support was unable to get my unit to update so they sent me a new unit. Within 2 days it updated and seems to be working as expected.

It has now updated to 1.0.5.6 as of today. Thanks to Simon of Skype and Karen of Ebuynow. I hope this helps others. it has been a long and arduous process but at the end of it all, the issue was resolved.

View solution in original post
0 Kudos
waresk
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 10 (1,512 Views)

Re: Freetalk Connect-Me adapter

Is the email address populated in the system settings page? If this is empty it can cause some updates to fail.

/Simon

0 Kudos
SimonW
Staff
Staff icon
Kudos: 8
Message 2 of 10 (1,507 Views)

SimonW wrote:

Is the email address populated in the system settings page? If this is empty it can cause some updates to fail.

/Simon

I have the same problem with an open request for support.  I'm in the UK and stuck on v1.0.5.5.  I have confirmed I have an email address on the systems settings page, indeed the same email as my skype profile.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
BewickPlace
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 10 (1,503 Views)

I've just realised I have multiple skype accounts with the same email address.  This doesn't schedule the upgrade by email address rather than skype name does it?

0 Kudos
BewickPlace
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 10 (1,500 Views)

I have freetalk Connect-me adapter and it has been a nightmare. I have three phones but with only one of  them it finds a line and gives me a dialing tone. Of course that is the phone I do not wish to use! I realise that what I need is a skype phone that connects me to the internet through my router without a land line or a computer.

0 Kudos
lawrence_2284
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 10 (1,494 Views)

[ Edited ]

Then you are looking for the FREETALK TALK-3000 Office Phone.

As for phone compability of the Connect Me with phones I did mention in my post that:

"It will work with any single line phone, including cordless phones, except older cordless phones where the cordless connection works over the same 2.4GHz band as WiFi. Also, run legacy Nortel phones with a power adapter in its “backup” mode using power from the phone line – i.e. – without the power adapter."

I have been using it with a 20-year old Nortel Vista 100 but need to leave the power supply detached. It means I don't see CallerID for inbound calls but otherwise works fine.

Jim Courtney
Editor and Publisher
Voice On The Web
@voiceontheweb
0 Kudos
jimcanuck
Experienced Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 6 of 10 (1,488 Views)

BewickPlace wrote:

I have the same problem with an open request for support.  I'm in the UK and stuck on v1.0.5.5.  I have confirmed I have an email address on the systems settings page, indeed the same email as my skype profile.

Please advise.

Please PM me the MAC address of your connectMe.

/Simon

0 Kudos
SimonW
Staff
Staff icon
Kudos: 8
Message 7 of 10 (1,482 Views)

I have verified that my email address is populated in the system settings page.

0 Kudos
waresk
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 10 (1,465 Views)

UPDATE: First posted on the 9th of December, I have so far got nowhere. Simon (staff) has tried to assist me but the only solution he and technical support so far has suggested is making sure the email address is populated on the settings page.

I have responded stating that it has always been populated but still no updates have taken place.

The speed issue seems to be on my end with physical connections which I have repaired.

As it stands I am still getting calls dropped after 15 - 20 mins and the unit is not updating.

However, my status on the Skype Support network has been updated 3 times now to Frequent Visitor....is that a good thing?:wink:

0 Kudos
waresk
Casual Adventurer
Message 9 of 10 (1,412 Views)

FINAL UPDATE: 1-25-2012 Finally tech support was unable to get my unit to update so they sent me a new unit. Within 2 days it updated and seems to be working as expected.

It has now updated to 1.0.5.6 as of today. Thanks to Simon of Skype and Karen of Ebuynow. I hope this helps others. it has been a long and arduous process but at the end of it all, the issue was resolved.

0 Kudos
waresk
Casual Adventurer
Message 10 of 10 (1,332 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling