FreeTalk Connect-Me with UVerse

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

FreeTalk Connect-Me with UVerse

I'd love to be able to use skype over my home phone, but I'm not sure if it will work with my setup (which isn't that unusual).  I have UVerse service with internet and VOIP.  I run a phone wire from my UVerse receiver to a nearby phone jack.  I have a cordless answering phone system plugged into a phone jack in another part of the house. 

Would I just connect both the DSL and phone outputs from my UVerse receiver to the FreeTalk Connect and then from the FreeTalk Connect to the nearby phone jack?  Would that provide skype service to my cordless phones?  What about the features on my cordless phone?  Could I look at my skype contact list?  How do I still make a local call via my UVerse service vs. through Skype?

I know that is a lot of questions,  I tried to find a instruction manual for the Connect-me online but could not find any link.

bltassoc
Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (513 Views)

Re: FreeTalk Connect-Me with UVerse

[ Edited ]

bltassoc wrote:

I'd love to be able to use skype over my home phone, but I'm not sure if it will work with my setup (which isn't that unusual).  I have UVerse service with internet and VOIP.  I run a phone wire from my UVerse receiver to a nearby phone jack.  I have a cordless answering phone system plugged into a phone jack in another part of the house. 

Would I just connect both the DSL and phone outputs from my UVerse receiver to the FreeTalk Connect and then from the FreeTalk Connect to the nearby phone jack?  Would that provide skype service to my cordless phones?  What about the features on my cordless phone?  Could I look at my skype contact list?  How do I still make a local call via my UVerse service vs. through Skype?

I know that is a lot of questions,  I tried to find a instruction manual for the Connect-me online but could not find any link.

Currently, there seems not to be an online manual for this. This device connects to a Router/Ap or Ethernet Bridge ("Since generally most ISP's only supply one Ethernet port, unless your ISP supplies more than 1") and has connections for both the Ethernet cable as well as a phone and landline connection ("Optional").

This may help: http://community.skype.com/t5/Other-devices/Use-Your-Own-Phone-Device-Router-Based/m-p/147752#M802

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 570
Message 2 of 2 (509 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling