Re: Connect me NOT UPDATING FIRMWARE

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Connect me NOT UPDATING FIRMWARE

My connect me has not updated to the lastest firmware. In fact it is still on the firmware it shipped with of 1.0.1.1. Id like to know how to manualy update please?

Aslo before you ask. I have reset the device. I leave it on all the time. It is always online and plugged in. Its also always has a connected green light. I even changed the update time a few nights ago. Still nothing.

zerotrace992
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (426 Views)

Unfortunately, there is no way to manually update the firmware. Please put a valid email id in the setup/config page and click on the "send me an email" option, and it should update on its own. I am guessing you are making sure that the Internet and connectme are ON and working during the preferred update time.

rajeshsankaran
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 2 of 6 (407 Views)

Did you get answer to this problem.  I am having the same issue and support has been very bad at any response beyond an inital no brainer comment to unplug and plug the box back.  Anyone figure a way to manually load FW?

use4all
Casual Tourist
Message 3 of 6 (393 Views)

There is no way to manually update the device firmware (according to Simon).

I have just plugged in my unit two days ago and today it has updated itself from 1.0 to 1.0.1.1, then again to 1.0.5.2.

Icarus
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 6 (385 Views)

Same problem here - this long wait for an update, not being able to update manually and unresponsive e-mail support is not the way to do business.

markmagl
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 6 (337 Views)

After five days it updated today from 1.0.5.1 to 1.0.6.3 all in one day.

markmagl
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 6 (325 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling