Chat and Vision

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

Chat and Vision

Hello forum,

I recently purchased 2 RTX Dualphones 4088 from Skype's merchant partner Chat and Vision and one of the products was faulty and didn't work.

I have been trying to contact Chat and Vision for 2 days now and have had absolutely no repsonse from them whatsoever. It is simply the base station that is faulty. The blue LED continues to blink and will not hold steady despite being correctly plugged into my router through a LAN cable.

I know there is nothing wrong with the LAN cable or router or the RTX handset or any other equipment as I successfully managed to set up the other dualphone. It is simply that the base station is just faulty.

As Chat and Vision don't respond to my emails, didn't pick up the phone when I called them, didn't reply to the message that I sent through their customer support webform and have not even responded to the Support ticket that they have set up, do I have any hope whatsoever of having this base station replaced or have I just lost £72?

My advice is to steer well clear of this Chat and Vision company. It is the worst customer service out there. It is far too risky to buy any products from them. If you have a problem, you're on your own. I cannot believe Skype endorses this company. Shameful.

simonh91
Casual Adventurer

Accepted Solution

FINAL UPDATE - PROBLEM RESOLVED

I would just like to let the forum know that Chat and Vision have resolved my problem with the RTX Dualphone.

I received the replacement phone about 2 weeks ago, but it is only just now that I have finally had the chance to set the thing up and check that it is working.

Fortunately it is working and everything is now completely fine.

From my experience, the good news is that Chat and Vision are trying to do the right thing by their customers. If there are problems they will do their best to resolve them.

Certainly their customer service could be better. There were times when they took a long time to respond and deal with issues. But overall they are trying and they will endeavour to solve your problem eventually.

At least I now know that I can trust Chat and Vision with further purchases. If they can improve their customer service then they would be a fantastic little company. But they are honest and they are doing their best.

I feel it is only fair that I now write a good review about Chat and Vision, because I didn't hesitate to criticise them earlier on when I had an unresolved issue and they were taking their time getting back to me to sort things out.

View solution in original post
0 Kudos
simonh91
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 1 of 11 (1,930 Views)

Re: Chat and Vision

Sorry about that, Simon. Will check it out. Meantime please contact customer service

SKYPE STAFF MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN - PHILADELPHIA PA USA - UTC MINUS 5 HOURS

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
0 Kudos
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1326
Message 2 of 11 (1,909 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks Norman, I appreciate your help.

That wasn't the solution by the way. Chat and Vision finally communicated with me and outlined a support procedure. However the support procedure was ineffective and did not solve the problem. I have told them that the problem remains unresolved so now I am waiting for their next communication. Hopefully they will allow me to return just the base station and exchange or repair it. There is no need to return the rest of the product as the handset , the handset charger and LAN and Telecom cables are not faulty.

I will keep you updated.

0 Kudos
simonh91
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 11 (1,889 Views)

Still waiting to hear from chat and vision again.
0 Kudos
simonh91
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 11 (1,870 Views)

Can anybody recommend an alternative supplier to Chat and Vision?

Last week, I purchased 2 RTX Dualphone 4088 from Chat and Vision. One of the phones works very well and is a fantastic telephone. The other phone though is faulty.

I would like to buy 2 more of these phones for older family members who are clueless about technology so that they can stay in touch across the family through skype.

I wanted to buy the two phones from Chat and Vision, but since they are not helping me sort out the phone that does not work, it seems that they are unreliable, slow to deliver customer service and can't really be trusted. They are incredibly difficult to communicate with and resolve any problems. They always send an email at 1am which is nothing to do with the problem that I have. They are clearly based in the Far East and getting things sorted through them is a nightmare.

Basically, if the phone you order works, then everything is fine and your customer experience with them will be normal. But if the product that you have ordered is faulty then you are in big trouble and good luck trying to return the product, get it exchanged or get it refunded.

I want to buy 2 more RTX phones but who can I purchase them from that can be trusted in the unlikely event that you have a faulty base station? If anyone can recommend a reputable company then I will be grateful.

If Chat and Vision do resolve my situation fairly and satisfactorily, then I will not hesitate to inform the skype community about it and make sure that everyone knows that they solved the problem.

Watch this space to find out whether my customer experience with them works out well in the end or remains unresolved. Either way, I will keep you all up to date.

I received the phones on the 8th of January, informed them that one of the phones didn't work on the 9th of January and it is now the 14th. I will let you all know if and when this ever gets properly resolved.

0 Kudos
simonh91
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 11 (1,845 Views)

simonh91 wrote:

Can anybody recommend an alternative supplier to Chat and Vision?

Last week, I purchased 2 RTX Dualphone 4088 from Chat and Vision. One of the phones works very well and is a fantastic telephone. The other phone though is faulty.

I would like to buy 2 more of these phones for older family members who are clueless about technology so that they can stay in touch across the family through skype.

I wanted to buy the two phones from Chat and Vision, but since they are not helping me sort out the phone that does not work, it seems that they are unreliable, slow to deliver customer service and can't really be trusted. They are incredibly difficult to communicate with and resolve any problems. They always send an email at 1am which is nothing to do with the problem that I have. They are clearly based in the Far East and getting things sorted through them is a nightmare.

Basically, if the phone you order works, then everything is fine and your customer experience with them will be normal. But if the product that you have ordered is faulty then you are in big trouble and good luck trying to return the product, get it exchanged or get it refunded.

I want to buy 2 more RTX phones but who can I purchase them from that can be trusted in the unlikely event that you have a faulty base station? If anyone can recommend a reputable company then I will be grateful.

If Chat and Vision do resolve my situation fairly and satisfactorily, then I will not hesitate to inform the skype community about it and make sure that everyone knows that they solved the problem.

Watch this space to find out whether my customer experience with them works out well in the end or remains unresolved. Either way, I will keep you all up to date.

I received the phones on the 8th of January, informed them that one of the phones didn't work on the 9th of January and it is now the 14th. I will let you all know if and when this ever gets properly resolved.

Dear simonh91,

Please do accept our apologies for the delays in response. If you could kindly PM me your Order ID, I will look into this matter for you.

Regards,

Jennifer Hart

ChatandVision Ltd.

0 Kudos
chatandvision
Experienced Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 6 of 11 (1,829 Views)

Hi Jennifer,

I sent you a pm with the order ID. I look forward to your response.

Thanks,
Simon
0 Kudos
simonh91
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 11 (1,819 Views)

Good morning forum,

Latest Update: Chat and Vision have been in contact with me and have asked me to return the faulty RTX Dualphone 4088. I put the product in the post this morning with Recorded Delivery.

Fortunately Chat and Vision are responding and are helping to resolve this problem. However, it is not finished yet and until I receive an RTX Dualphone 4088 that does actually work, then it remains unresolved. Watch this space and I will keep you all fully informed about my customer experience with Chat and Vision whichever way it turns out. And of course if they fully resolve the problem then it is only fair that I should sing their praises.

The good news is that progress seems to be being made. But of course, the problem has not yet been resolved but we appear to be moving in the right direction.

Also the RTX phone that does work is a fantastic piece of kit. I can honestly say that a skype to skype call that I had on that phone was so much better and clearer than a normal telephone call. So when things do work they work very well. I'm looking forward to buying a few more of these phones, but I will wait first to see if Chat & Vision sort out the faulty product before I commit to anymore purchases.

0 Kudos
simonh91
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 11 (1,805 Views)

Good afternoon forum,

Latest Chat and Vision news.

After a slow start, Chat and Vision are in regular contact now and are progressing this case in a fair and correct manner. So I really can't complain or be negative.

They confirmed that they did receive in the post the RTX Dualphone 4088.

They inspected the product and confirmed that it was faulty.

They said that they will issue a replacement of the product shortly.

So obviously if I receive the replacement product and it does work then I can only be happy with Chat and Vision and will only be able to conclude that they are a good company after all.

If the product you receive is faulty they will replace it for you. As a customer that is all that you want.

However, it is important to note, that I haven't actually received the replacement product yet, so whilst all seems to be well, until I receive an RTX Dualphone 4088 that does work, this case remains unresolved.

So watch this space. I will let you know the outcome whichever way it turns out, whether it is positive or negative.

0 Kudos
simonh91
Casual Adventurer
Message 9 of 11 (1,783 Views)

Latest Update - Nothing to report.

This is what Chat and Vision said on the 17th Of January:

"Thank you for the prompt return of RTX DUALphone 4088 (Black).

We have inspected the product returned to us and can confirm that it is faulty, and will issue a replacement of the product shortly. A final confirmation will be sent to your registered email address once dispatched.

Meanwhile, please do not hesitate to contact us again should any further assistance be required."

Well clearly it is taking a long time. I have not received a confirmation that the product has been dispatched.

I wonder how long I will have to wait before I receive the replacement RTX Dualphone 4088. I hope I will not be waiting a long time.

I ordered the phone on the 2nd of Jan and received it on the 8th of Jan, just 6 days.

In terms of the replacement, I have been told on the 17th of Jan that I would get a replacement and now today on the 24th of Jan, 7 days later, I haven't heard anything from them.

Things have slowed down again. Chat and Vision, if you are listening, please give me an update.

0 Kudos
simonh91
Casual Adventurer
Message 10 of 11 (1,731 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling