video calling with SAMSUNG galaxy ace

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: video calling with SAMSUNG galaxy ace

I here also would like to make a request to Skype to create an app or simply a way for us, Galaxy Ace users to be able to make video calls using skype. I bought the phone mainly thinking about this feature and was very surprised, shocked, to see it wasn't available.

The excuse that it only has a back camera does not cut it as we see that other similar cellphones DO enjoy the video call feature. Another example is that other apps do provide video calling on the Samsung phone. So, as an old Skype customer, I join the growing list of skype users who wish Skype would do something about allowing video call feature to Samsung Galaxy Ace 5830. Cheers.

edbaldow
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 21 of 56 (24,490 Views)

Camera is not a problem i can face the mirror and my video chat mate can see me,, please skype team work on it

trikjoh
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 22 of 56 (23,609 Views)

I have a Samsung Galaxy S II, and it don't give the option to use video calling. I have went through everything I could find but it still don't work. I have uninstalled it and then re-installed it. It still don't work.
MLKaus
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 23 of 56 (23,035 Views)

Yes, come on Skype, get your finger out. I bought this phone specifically for skype, no other reason, my wife is abroad atm and this was supposed to keep us in touch. I am finding google + is becoming a better application on the laptop than skype is for video and audio calls... If google + starts to support this phone's video calling then I'm outta here skype... MOVE YOUR @55!
Posted from Samsung GT-S5830
Njsurtees
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 24 of 56 (22,877 Views)

we change from nokia never in future. disappinted with samsung
mervyn269
Casual Tourist
Message 25 of 56 (22,429 Views)

this is getting almost clear that video calling cant be done through galaxy ace. the part which i would like to know here cant we even receive video calls?

AAXIPH
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 26 of 56 (21,693 Views)

what plug in did you download? and what apps can you use the main camera for? When I bought the phone, the website said. video calping on it. What do the two top sensors do?
DeeDahh
Novel Tourist
Message 27 of 56 (21,478 Views)

any phones under 15000INR
please reply me i want to buy in my budget
sanketshah88
Novel Tourist
Message 28 of 56 (20,525 Views)

Hey there, I just saw your post and I was wondering because I was thinking about getting a Samsung Galaxy Ace too, mainly for internet browsing and Skype. So other than not being able to run video calls does Skype work fine on this phone?
amii
Novel Tourist
Message 29 of 56 (12,984 Views)

hey Steve..,where is your iPhone? :happy:

n1k0_pzz
Novel Tourist
Message 30 of 56 (12,201 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling