Re: toshiba thrive

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Nope, false. running 3.2 with latest Skype.................................................STILL NO VIDEO.
flyinboxes
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 31 of 47 (1,408 Views)

SSDDNJ wrote:
FYI I spoke with Toshiba today 1/12/2012 and they told me to update to android 3.2, I did and now skype works on the Thrive with video.

Toshiba gave you bad advice.  Yes skype works.  But under 3.2 the mount point for your SD card changes, so some apps will no longer be able to access the SD card.

bobj
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 32 of 47 (1,404 Views)

flyinboxes wrote:
Nope, false. running 3.2 with latest Skype.................................................STILL NO VIDEO.

This is because you did not yet enable video calling in Skype Settings.

bobj
Casual Adventurer
Message 33 of 47 (1,402 Views)

Hi  I have the Toshiba thrive 3.1 does anyone know how to get the skype to work so the receiver can see me and not have a green screen??? It is so frustrating.  Thanks

prhawthorne
Novel Tourist
Message 34 of 47 (1,340 Views)

[ Edited ]

uninstall your current version of skype.

go to
http://www.apktops.com/skype-2-5-0-160.html
to download the older version of skype.

this works with the thrive Android 3.1

bobj
Casual Adventurer
Message 35 of 47 (1,335 Views)

I've done all that! Upgraded my Thrive Android, downloaded skype 2.5.160, & enabled video calling in settings! Been playing with this for 2 months now & it's very frustrating. I've got separate skype names for my tablet & home computer & calls work within my home network but not elsewhere. I don't get much out of talking to myself though...A definitive answwer from Toshiba or Skype would be nice.

rscsok
Tourist
Message 36 of 47 (1,302 Views)

what do you mean calls work within you home network.  you can call out with video, or just to another PC inside thew home?   Are you able to do voice to out side to another person?   Dont expect Toshiba or Skype to help , you'll find answers faster seeking others on good forums.  go to thriveforums.org

bobj
Casual Adventurer
Message 37 of 47 (1,205 Views)

Hi I also have the Toshiba Thrive how did you get the video talk to work. When I click on contacts the flash on the screen real quick then goes away. Please help if you can thanks

Johnny647130
Novel Adventurer
Message 38 of 47 (1,170 Views)

I dont understand what is happening, can you elaborate more, please?

bobj
Casual Adventurer
Message 39 of 47 (1,152 Views)

don't know if this was ever solved or not but i got a Thrive in Jan 2012 and video on skype isn't working. I updated the OS and the skype app. now i can get video chat working but at the other end they don't see me, they just see a green screen. Boooo!

richardsaddress
Novel Tourist
Message 40 of 47 (1,073 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling