skype on HTC wildfire S

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Re: skype on HTC wildfire S

Thank you for the advice. Installing the old version (1.0.0.984) of Skype helped my girlfriends phone as well. Now we can stay in touch again. It is a shame Skype distributes such a buggy product into the Android market. My HTC Desire HD has also problems, but not when I use the headset. Thinking of downgrading Skype as well. Does anyone know a good alternative to Skype?

rob1477
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 21 of 36 (5,156 Views)

Re: skype on HTC wildfire Sgwhw

When you use Skype, turn the screen back on by pressing the home key, this turns proximity sensor off, so no more choppy calls. its good to have a skype shortcut on your home screen so you can click back onto Skype to end your call. So no more choppy Skype calls :happy:
0 Kudos
azumianddavid
Casual Adventurer
Message 22 of 36 (4,946 Views)

When on a call, press the home key to turn proximity sensor off, this works with all skype versions and calls will be perfectly clear. To end the call you need to click on your Skype app again then end call. No more choppy wildfire Skype :happy:
0 Kudos
azumianddavid
Casual Adventurer
Message 23 of 36 (4,941 Views)

Hi
Posted from HTC S510e
waheedzazai1
Novel Tourist
Message 24 of 36 (4,926 Views)

I got good results only when I put the CPU at 750 MHz and using handsfree
0 Kudos
mario-bistra
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 25 of 36 (4,813 Views)

Thank you very much my friend! Nobody can find an efficient response on company's customer support and a client gave us the key to overcome this problem on our HTC devices... It's unbelievable! Thank you once more my friend for your precious last post! 

Nikos

0 Kudos
nivas
Novel Adventurer
Message 26 of 36 (4,484 Views)

Thank you very much my friend! Nobody can find an efficient response on company's customer support and a client gave us the key to overcome this problem on our HTC devices... It's unbelievable! Thank you once more my friend for your precious last post!
Nikos
0 Kudos
nivas
Novel Adventurer
Message 27 of 36 (4,483 Views)

HTC Wildfire & Wildfire S have CPU speeds of 528 & 600 Mhz respectively and both don't support skype call. Whereas nokia e63, e71 have CPU of just 369 and nokia e5 & e72 have CPU of 600 Mhz. and all of them run skype as good as any computer.
0 Kudos
faisalhkbaloch
Novel Tourist
Message 28 of 36 (3,768 Views)

faisalhkbaloch wrote:
HTC Wildfire & Wildfire S have CPU speeds of 528 & 600 Mhz respectively and both don't support skype call. Whereas nokia e63, e71 have CPU of just 369 and nokia e5 & e72 have CPU of 600 Mhz. and all of them run skype as good as any computer.

Since this thread is about using Skype with an HTC Wildfire S rather than various Nokias, it's worth pointing out that I'm currently using Skype for voice-only on my Wildfire S with no issues other than poor network coverage.

AIUI there is an issue with later versions of the Skype client and the proximity sensor built into the handset that causes the handset to switch to low speed when you hold the phone to your ear. If you read through this thread, you'll find a few of ways around this issue:

• Use an earlier version of Skype that doesn't have this issue -- you'll find links up-thread. or
  • Use a hands-free kit to keep the proximity sensor away from your head. or
  • As soon as the call is connected, switch to your home screen and then switch back to Skype when you need to end the call. This prevents Skype from accessing the proximity sensor during the call.

In my case, I'm using the latest edition of Skype version 1 and getting better voice call quality than I do with my computer.

0 Kudos
Pajaholic
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 29 of 36 (3,766 Views)

Just tried 1.983. The reason why it works better, I reckon, is that the proximity sensor does not work with this version. The screen turns black but it's still on. The audio chops for a moment when the screen slides away. Why they don't do the same with the newer versions???
0 Kudos
tony359
Novel Adventurer
Message 30 of 36 (3,708 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling