skype for tablet archos 101

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Re: skype for tablet archos 101

Go to the regular apps store and find the "Android Superstore" app and install it. Then open the new "Android Superstore" app and search for skype. you WILL find it there. I installed it and tested it on my Archos 101 and it works great.
doctormikep15
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 11 of 26 (8,185 Views)

drmike, I was able to find and download the Skype app, thanks to your post!  

However, though it does run on my Archos 101, I cannot seem to get my camera to work with it (or ooVoo for that matter).  The call goes thru fine and I can hear the other person and they can hear me, and I can see the other person, but they cannot see me and I cannot see myself either in Skype.  Any ideas?  Thanks for the help!

zavetsky
Novel Adventurer
Message 12 of 26 (8,047 Views)

I have downloaded from Android Market but audio ok and video does still not work

rocker43
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 13 of 26 (7,861 Views)

Thanks - this really works. After thrashing around for a couple of days for ever encountering "There are no Android phones associated with this account. Please sign in with a different account." and being told by Archos that "We do not support third party applications, we invite you to contact the developer of this application for further information." I was about to give up.

I'm new to Skype and haven't tried it yet but the program loads and gives every impression that it is going work OK.

So thank you Matthew, now I won't tear out any more hair!

Jenks
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 14 of 26 (6,893 Views)

Just a note: If youare running an old version of the archos 101 firmware, you will be able to load but will not have video.....it will be black....audio connection will work fine.

When I bought my tablet it had an older version of firmware on it and I had this problem.

I had to manually update the firmware (not thru the "update firmware" function of the tablet -- that didnt work).  The next to the newest firmware update 9I think it is 4.65??) fixed the black video box problem.

Now, Skype does work fine.

zavetsky
Novel Adventurer
Message 15 of 26 (6,885 Views)

Hi Zavetsky,

Thanks for your help, I was able to get skype but the video as u said is black.

I am unable to find where I can get the newest firmware update as suggested by u.

What was the version ? Where did u find it ?

Your help will be appreciated

Amar Chawla

amarchawla
Novel Tourist
Message 16 of 26 (6,803 Views)

You can get thfirmware at the archos website

http://www.archos.com/support/support_tech/updates.html?lang=en

2.4.81 is thecurrent version, but I am running 2.4.65.  Havent tried the new version yet but I am sure it works fine.

Good luck!

zavetsky
Novel Adventurer
Message 17 of 26 (6,749 Views)

I'm running 2.4.81 but don't seem to have webcam. Voice works fine but no ability to make video calls

Any suggestions?
theocupier
Casual Tourist
Message 18 of 26 (6,085 Views)

Have archos tablet but try download 0.50arctools but dont work only show me arctools & dont work :sad:, and want have skype.
yasmin5734
Novel Tourist
Message 19 of 26 (5,695 Views)

Hi, i'm 62year old let loose with an Arcos101 who would love to have Skype on my 101 tablet. I tried your suggestion and have got the install done BUT it went my HTC PHONE. I'm probably doing somthing wrong. Pleez how can i get skype on my archos 101 tablet.
Thanks
ace49
Novel Tourist
Message 20 of 26 (5,558 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling