nexus 4 android 4.3 skype 4 crash

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: nexus 4 android 4.3 skype 4 crash

Yes the problem persist... this is unbelievable... ok I understand they needed some time to fix it but after all this time and this update is everything the same... I imagine the people that really pay for the service... I am so tired of this... if there was any really alternative to skype I would never use this again... this a forum on skype support and there is nobody reading our posts... 

lrtm
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 31 of 99 (2,092 Views)

lrtm wrote:

Yes the problem persist... this is unbelievable... ok I understand they needed some time to fix it but after all this time and this update is everything the same... I imagine the people that really pay for the service... I am so tired of this... if there was any really alternative to skype I would never use this again... this a forum on skype support and there is nobody reading our posts... 

I know...I have already contacted the Custom Service 5 times...And the first 3-4 times, they didn't understand my problem...And they thought it was a problem with the device itself...Now the 5 time they finally made a ticket in the higher departement to fix this issue...(but this is already 3-4 days ago).

sep0r
Novel Adventurer
Message 32 of 99 (2,087 Views)

Thank you for your efforts sep0r. The question is that we (users of 4.3) are a minory, and they are so busy trying to make skype functional since microsoft toutched it that they just don't care about a minory complaining about this... and this is what makes me even more angry, they just don't care... I know it is free and everything but they killed msn for skype and then destroyed it... 

lrtm
Casual Adventurer
Message 33 of 99 (2,072 Views)

Skype has never shined for great customer service. When there was an issue with Brazil's company that provided POST numbers they left people without their skype in number for months and then activated a new number, losing the old one. without any reimbursement or anything.

however, narrowing it down to this particular issue with android, i asked several times why you couldn't control anymore speakerphone vs earpiece in skype video call (as a workaround you can deactivate video on both parties and the speakerphone control will appear) - the app is crippled. maybe they want it to be crippled? that's the point. when you start thinking that they just don't care.

and you cannot even say 'well, it's free, don't complain' because we all paid for our android phones (and we receive their ads in several applications) and I also pay a skype subscription with another user account for a brazilian number.... so... 

yesterday i downgraded to 4.2.2 which is the original android that came with my nexus4 and things are really great now. the only thing I miss is the timer for the camera but that can be achieved through a 3rd party app and it's not like you can put your nexus4 somewhere to take a picture since it wil fall down and break :tongue:

if you want to downgrade to 4.2.2: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1995688

Rostik80
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 34 of 99 (2,047 Views)

I think Google should be taking the majority of the blame for this, the 4.3 update has caused a whole range of problems on Nexus phones. A well-written OS should never crash due to a malfunctioning application, especially when that OS in running on that manufacturers own hardware! I pay a Skype subscription, and I'm annoyed that I can't use it, but if the OS has a bug (which it definitely does have) I doubt there is much the app developer can do about it. HOWEVER I want to see a post from Microsoft/Skype explaining that they're at least looking into this problem!!! After all, I pay for it!!
BlockRapid
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 35 of 99 (2,025 Views)

Yep. Same problem here. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

emaddox
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 36 of 99 (1,821 Views)

Maybe it's a way google found to make you use hangout instead of skype on the mobile phone...
And it's working :happy:  Making video calls on hangout and it works fine.

jefferson_c
Novel Adventurer
Message 37 of 99 (1,800 Views)

Posting just to show solidarity with the other users. My Skype app causes a reboot of the Nexus 4 phone on Android 4.3 EVERYTIME.

ramasas3
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 38 of 99 (1,756 Views)

same problem here..

agimi
Casual Tourist
Message 39 of 99 (1,741 Views)

This happens to me too on my Nexus 4. Very frustrating. Will look for alternatives. 

laura54321
Novel Adventurer
Message 40 of 99 (1,637 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling