international calls on skype mobile for verizon

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

international calls on skype mobile for verizon

Can someone tell me. I have skype mobile app on verizon for over year, and used every day call international to my wife, she got skype too. And its never deduct minutes from my plan.But last 2 months its start doing that. Does anyone know why?
Posted from Samsung GT-I9000
verizonSkypUser
Novel Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

0 Kudos

The same happened to me.

I have been making a lot of Skype to Skype calls from Verizon Skype.

It would show in recent calls as calls to 1-(404) numbers. But, before monthly statement, these calls would be erased and would not take minutes.

But last billing statement has these calls and overbills me for 900 minutes! 

So far, I spent 2-3 hours with Verizon Support team. Most of them don't even know about unlimited Skype to Skype calls. Some of Verizon support suggested to call Skype support, even though, it isn't Skype, but Verizon, who bills me. Finally, one support person submitted question to offline support team that will be answered on Friday.

View solution in original post
Samvel74
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 12 (6,128 Views)

Re: international calls on skype mobile for verizon

Samvel74
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 12 (5,955 Views)

The same happened to me.

I have been making a lot of Skype to Skype calls from Verizon Skype.

It would show in recent calls as calls to 1-(404) numbers. But, before monthly statement, these calls would be erased and would not take minutes.

But last billing statement has these calls and overbills me for 900 minutes! 

So far, I spent 2-3 hours with Verizon Support team. Most of them don't even know about unlimited Skype to Skype calls. Some of Verizon support suggested to call Skype support, even though, it isn't Skype, but Verizon, who bills me. Finally, one support person submitted question to offline support team that will be answered on Friday.

verizonSkypUser
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 12 (5,947 Views)

Yes, I know man, I spend a lot of times on the phone with verizon( and I got so frostrated with them. They can not figure out and give me answer why its happened with there freakin system(((( And iam trying to get credit for all those skype minutes that they charged me.
Samvel74
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 12 (5,930 Views)

I don't seem to understand the solution, I apologize... So, if a person uses skype on their cell phone to call another person's cell phone through skype, it should be free, with both international and domestic calls?
videogamekraz
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 12 (5,740 Views)

they did the same to me. they said it is an international billing error, and they will refund me my 731 dollars...it has been 3 weeks, and only have recieved 200 dollars back. now my skype wont let me call out on my verizon droid . its as though verizon disabled my skype or soemthing...

sandragudino
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 14
Message 6 of 12 (5,423 Views)

verizon adevertises on their website that skype to skype calls are free..its just if you call to a cell phone directly when they charge minutes etc... they are doing this to many ppl. but they have to refund us, because skype to skype is free. it would be false adverstising
sandragudino
Routine Adventurer
Message 7 of 12 (5,422 Views)

they have to credit you. they did the same to me. they advertise on thier website that skype to skpye ionternational are free...we can sue them if they dont pay back
sandragudino
Routine Adventurer
Message 8 of 12 (5,417 Views)

verizon charged, and verizon has to retract the fees. they know very well that all 404 are codes are skype calls. you can prove that ..also, verizon stated that this is a national bililgn error., and many ppl were hit..they wiill and have to refund you. not skype. skype is not billing you.....verizon is...
sandragudino
Routine Adventurer
Message 9 of 12 (5,416 Views)

verizon charged, and verizon has to retract the fees. they know very well that all 404 are codes are skype calls. you can prove that ..also, verizon stated that this is a national bililgn error., and many ppl were hit..they wiill and have to refund you. not skype. skype is not billing you.....verizon is.
sandragudino
Routine Adventurer
Message 10 of 12 (5,415 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling