I'd like to report some bugs/missing features I've experienced with Skype for Android version 22.214.171.124.
My phone is a Nexus S running vanilla Android 2.3.4.
1) The password of my Skype account is not saved when automatic login is disabled. I have to re-enter it everytime when Skype is restarted. This could be interpreted as a security feature, but I guess for most users this is just annoying.
2) The (online) status is not saved and thus does not carry over from session to session. I am used to this (very useful!) behavior from the Skype desktop clients. E.g., when I use the status "invisible", quit Skype and start it again, the client should be in state "invisible". This is the case for desktop clients and it should be the same in Skype for Android (but it isn't at the moment). Again, this is rather annoying.
3) Improve (or perform?) echo cancellation. I can not use the loudspeaker with audio calls on my Nexus S with this version of Skype for Android because the far end is experiencing massive echos. In my case the far end client was the latest version of Skype for Mac.
4) Fix the Skype service and make it compliant to the specification in the Android SDK.
1) I would like to run Skype selectively and not all the time my phone is powered on. Therefore Skype should either save the password when automatic login is disabled, or it should not be started automatically after booting the system and additionally there should be the possibility to quit Skype completely.
I hope to see these improvements in future versions of Skype for Android.
I'm in the middle of trading stocks where seconds are critical and suddenly out of the blue skype decides to update and it automatically re-installs intself. During that process, it completely takes over the computer. I can't do a **bleep** thing...even control alt delete won't run task manager to stop all the nonsense. Net result loss of thousands of dollars. someone get me answer to this problem which is twofold: 1. Skype runs automatically when windows boots up. and 2. Skype auto updates whenever it **bleep** well feels like it. Again, someone get me answer or its time to start a lawsuit.
I'm using Skype on my HTC Desire. Since I made an update to v126.96.36.199 I noticed it very often changes its status from "offline" to "online" when reconnecting to the internet.
Is there any chance to:
- fix the above mentioned problem
- include an option which will allow me to choose if I want Skype (or not) to switch on during phone's boot-up
- include "Exit" button?
I've been using Skype for seven years, and I really love it. I think it's the one of the best programs invented ever. Unfortunately, I recently found there are some basic features which are missing (of course I mean the Skype for Android).
I have a Samsung Exhibit ii 4G on the latest version of skype for Android (that's 188.8.131.520) and I have been having a problem with the video chat not appearing correctly on my device's screen; it appears in the bottom in a tiny, oddly shaped rectangular window and appears upside-down no matter which way I tilt the phone, or if the other person's video is on then my video appears in a normal sized window but is still upside-down, no matter the orientation of the phone. Please fix this ASAP. Also a feature request: make it so that when I rotate the phone the video looks normal to the other person, not rotated.