Video calling on Asus Transformer

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Re: Video calling on Asus Transformer

@Claudius

"...it will arrive eventually..."

I LOL'd ! :manvery-happy:

0 Kudos
andraseliassen
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 71 of 110 (1,784 Views)

This is great news for us acer iconia a500 users as well or what? Please Skype -> Make skype with video work for these tegra 2 devices!!! ...then I can promise that I will keep adding my bucks for std. phonecalls and payment plans as well! Been waiting for video on skype for mine and my wifes a500 since May, but other options are getting more attractive... gtalk/voice even lets us send sms in the us for free... Get with the program... Thanks!
0 Kudos
hchagman
Novel Adventurer
Message 72 of 110 (1,749 Views)

This would have to be one of the most disspointing reads ive had in a long time. I own an ACER A501 and for the life of me cannot understand why Skype would'nt be prepared with a fully functional product from day dot. I'ts not as if the tegra chipset has'nt been around for a while not should Android honeycomb be a total surprise at this date and time... I echo the sentiment of all those users out there that have become frustrated with the lack of support and the hours spent thinking that it must be something that we are doing wrong only to find out that the product is not quite there yet. 

Its time to get with the times and at the very least provide an estimate of when this will be sorted out.

Posted from Generic Android
peterpan
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 73 of 110 (1,633 Views)

I just bought the transformer over the ipad because it has much more flexability... little did I know that video calling was not available, I just assumed it would as my PC and Iphone 4 work without any problems.... had I know Skype were screwing over android users, I would have bought the ipad... doesn't look like skype will be supporting android eepad users very soon.

0 Kudos
rotelman
Novel Adventurer
Message 74 of 110 (1,521 Views)

I found it amazing that skype will cut out the whole sector of a growing market. I love my transformer over my Ipad2 because of it's flexibility. If skype is not willing to support Tegra2, then google will be laughing, as google already offer a much more comprehensive, intergrated service, it's just a matter of time before google erode skype's market share. smart move skype!

"Hi, can I give you some money?"

"No, we can't be bothered." 

0 Kudos
douglas
Novel Tourist
Message 75 of 110 (1,437 Views)

I would like to support the main views expressed in this topic, namely:
1) Why is Skype so slow to support this platform (conspiracy theories ...)
2) Does Skype realize that users will find a common service between hardware platforms ... Google IS exploiting this at your expense
3) Loyalty to a brand is hard earnt and easily lost

I signed up to Skype today and will not be using the service unless supported on Android/NVidia soon. In the meantime I'm investigating other services and if they work will move existing Skype customers on to that ...
Posted from Generic Android
0 Kudos
mwil2006
Novel Adventurer
Message 76 of 110 (1,405 Views)

pls hurry...cant bare my wife anymore nerving m every day about her brand new transformer which is useless for chating with family (-

-DirtyHarry-
Novel Adventurer
Message 77 of 110 (1,396 Views)

I saw you brought (again) a new update for the iPhone ... Bluetooth and anti-shake with the backwards cam (if you ever use that one with video telephone). Great that you have enough time to make the iPhone software better and better without even bringing video to run on the ASUS.

Please set your priorities straight.

0 Kudos
cschierhorn
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 78 of 110 (1,218 Views)

It is pretty upsetting that Skype isn't supported on such a large segment of Android Tablets.  Especially since most now come with forward and rear-facing cameras and share the same chipset (Tegra).

I've been a paying Skype subscriber for years, and spent a lot of time convincing my family and friends (slow adopters) to pick up Skype for chat and voice communications.  They're all starting to drift away to GoogleTalk and Google Voice and other video chat apps that are compatible with their devices.  Now since apps like GrooveIP are out where I can use Google Voice for free voice calls from my tablet or smartphone, I'm finding little reason to keep my subscription.

Please convince me otherwise.  Had I known it would be like this, I wouldn't have dropped over $500 on my transformer and accessories.

0 Kudos
drjonzey
Novel Adventurer
Message 79 of 110 (1,162 Views)

It's just been updated this morning and now works on the Transformer - yay!
Taomyn
Novel Adventurer
Message 80 of 110 (1,076 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling