Video Issues on Android 4.0 (ICS)

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Re: Video Issues on Android 4.0 (ICS)

As expected: Answers form HTC is. Drivers delivered are latest possible. You should contact Skype to fix this problem. Other applicatoins are working correctly with current driver set.. Nothing new available and tested now..
radek_kafka
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 21 of 85 (3,233 Views)

radek_kafka wrote:
As expected: Answers form HTC is. Drivers delivered are latest possible. You should contact Skype to fix this problem. Other applicatoins are working correctly with current driver set.. Nothing new available and tested now..

Thanks for letting me know.

Did you call them or contact them via e-mail?

Either way, I will take this up from our side.

Can you please tell me your device exact model and Android version.

I recommend a search for your problem and to download the latest Skype.
To get the most out of Skype I recommend Skype Premium.
Found this post useful? Please give Kudos↘. Helped to fix your issue? Mark it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
petzkin
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 35
Message 22 of 85 (3,229 Views)

Contacted via chat and made a call there.. My phone si HTC Sensation, ICS 4.0.3, Sense 3.6, firmware 3.32.401.5, kernel 3.0.16-gda3fdfc u18000-build 144..
radek_kafka
Casual Adventurer
Message 23 of 85 (3,225 Views)

Same reply from HTC here as well. Please sort it out, they seem unwilling to look at it while all other apps work OK with the driver set, not 100% certain I believe it myself but there you go.

My Details :

DeviceMaker : HTC

Device Name : Sensation XE (With Beats Audio)

Device Model : Z715e

Android OS version : 4.0.3

Network : T-Mobile-UK

Skype client version installed : 2.7.0.920

Headbolt
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 24 of 85 (3,219 Views)

I did all the possibilities but still I can't solve the issue. Finally, HTC is asking to send for service. 

My Details :

DeviceMaker : HTC

Device Name : Sensation XE (With Beats Audio)

Android OS version : 4.0.3

Network : 3G Singtel

Skype client version installed : Latest from Play Store

ravichintalas
Novel Adventurer
Message 25 of 85 (3,093 Views)

I just found out this thread is also about the green screen issue with ICS devices.

I am using Huawei Mediapad with ICS 4.0.3. Since the last update, I have this green video transmission to the receiving end of the video call while I see nothing wrong on my own screen. 

I suspect it might be a problem of ICS. But I do not think Huawei/Qualcomm will put out any sort of official updates any time soon. 

colin-kwok
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 26 of 85 (3,073 Views)

I have an account with call credit on my laptop and tried a video call to another peson on her Android tablet. She thinks she has an account established (but there is some reference to Linux which may or may not be appropriate) and with no credit but I do not seem to be able to make video calls to her dispite using correct caller details.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks.

John

Novel Tourist
Message 27 of 85 (3,069 Views)

I have android 4.0.3 and I tried the new updated version 2.8.0.920  and I have also tried the troubleshooting tips posted earlier involving restarting the device and even installing and reinstalling, I still have pink lines on my outgoing video.

joeeee
Novel Adventurer
Message 28 of 85 (3,042 Views)

I also have the similar issue with the current version of skype v2.8.0.920, my outgoing video are having pink lines but i found a thread on slatedriod.com and i downloaded earlier version of skype v2.5.0.160 and surprisingly there is no issue of outgoing video in this previous version.

It is definetly a bug, please resolve it immediately.

My Device details

Camera: Front camera only(0.3MP)

Processor: Allwinner A10 1.5 Ghz

Model: Ployer Momo 9c (http://en.ployer.cn)

Let me know if any log or further detail is required.

anilmail17
Novel Tourist
Message 29 of 85 (2,984 Views)

Similar issues with ASUS Transformer Prime on 4.0.3 with the latest ASUS firmware updates andlatest Skype. Video quality is bad, green and jerky.
Posted from Google Ice Cream Sandwich
chrisamin
Tourist
Message 30 of 85 (2,869 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling