Re: Support for Samsung Galaxy S plus

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

hiii...i did the same but still its not working...kindly provide the link from where i can download mentioned skype version..and then proper steps how to install it on my s plus..

manish27111
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 11 of 20 (3,005 Views)

I would also like to know thanks

federico1
Casual Adventurer
Message 12 of 20 (2,988 Views)

Could you solve the problem of up side down image on your samsung? Same problem to my new one.

gabriel_dinescu
Novel Tourist
Message 13 of 20 (2,883 Views)

awaiting.....pl help me out...i tried so many options but still its not working for me....I9001 is updated virsion of I9000...and what a shame it does not support skype....

manish27111
Novel Adventurer
Message 14 of 20 (2,802 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Just found this topic and I have to say that my GT-I9001 is also having difficulties with Skype mobile. I just loaded the latest version yesterday and tried making some video calls. No luck as the calls just sat there and rang and rang and no video display on my side during the attempt to call.

This morning I tried again with a friend. He called me from his Samsung S2 with video to my PC and his works perfectly although the video quality was poor. So he hung up and I tried to call him from my 9001. Same thing no luck. I then had him call me on my phone and what a surprise. I could answer with video. I could view him and he could view me. One problem though,,,,,,,,the small display of me in the bottom of my display is upside down. No matter how I orient the phone it remains upside down. If I hold the phone in the normal vertical position he could see me/video in the correct orientation but when I rotate the phone from normal vertical then all video he sees is upside down also.

Anther quickie thing is the buttons on the display for the video, mic. and speaker choice do not function at all. I tried using speaker phone and nothing so I had to jack in my ear buds. Definitely an issue on this one

So,,,,,,,,,,,Skype/Microsoft,,,,,,,,how about getting on this and fix these issues? Or shedding some light on what I can do to make it work

I am adding an edit here with some info on my phone:

Samsung Model GT-I9001

Firmware 2.3.5

Baseband I9001DXKJ1

Kernel 2.6.35.7-perf

ROOT@Dell89#1

Build Gingerbread.DXKJ2

Skype version  2.8.0.920

longball53098
Novel Tourist
Message 15 of 20 (2,088 Views)

This issue can't be fixed from Skype application because it's a firmware issue of the camera. I updated my S+ with JellyBean and facing the same camera upside down issue with other apps like gtalk and face unlock.
Renjith
Novel Adventurer
Message 16 of 20 (665 Views)

Im also faceing same problem before its working gud but after i reinstall skype agian im faceing same problem i hope skype team slove this problem as soon as possible if they cnt there is no other resone to use any more sumsang mobile phone ....
Posted from Samsung GT-I9001
farhaanbawazeer
Casual Adventurer
Message 17 of 20 (474 Views)

I have also same problem in my sumsang galaxy i9001upside down on video calling but before i have option to rotate my image when im on video call but after reinstall skype i have agian same problem i hope skype team slove this problem thanking u in advance ....
Posted from Samsung GT-I9001
farhaanbawazeer
Casual Adventurer
Message 18 of 20 (467 Views)

Unfortunately, Skype always immediately overwrites the patched Version.
Posted from Android 4.2
hugo3
Novel Adventurer
Message 19 of 20 (211 Views)

i have same problem. who ans my call he see my video my head is down & legs up.
Posted from Mozilla Firefox for Android
sohel.ahmed777
Novel Tourist
Message 20 of 20 (116 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling