Re: Support for Samsung Galaxy S plus

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Support for Samsung Galaxy S plus

[ Edited ]

I understand that Skype video is supported for Samsung Galaxy S device (I9000) . I am currently using Samsung Galaxy S plus (I9001).

In the test video call, it tries to initialize the front facing Camera and I can see my face but it terminates by saying that the "The contact currently doesn't support video call". I tried to change the phone orientation to landscape mode and the picture is upside down.

Is that the reason for this error message ?

When can we expect to have Skype video supported for our device ?

I am on Android 2.3.4 and using Skype version 2.5.0.160

Thanks

-Sahil 

sahilkhurana
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 8
Message 1 of 20 (16,374 Views)

Hello Sahil,

similarproblem happen to me, same phone, new version of skype (2.6.095)

When i try to videocall a PC, the video call goes on but image seen by the remote party is upside down.

Hope Skype will solve this issue soon.

Flavio

lauronis2006
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 13
Message 2 of 20 (15,751 Views)

Hi lauronis,
I am also having same problem. The remote party sees my video as upside down only. is anyone/skype got any solution for this?

Thanx
vip
vipin_karwal
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 20 (15,124 Views)

HI,
Current i m using Samsung galaxy s plus(i9001),But Skype is not supporting.Specially for Skype or video chat purpose only i have purchased this mobile..What shall i do?I have invested huge money for video call but its not happening
When can we expect to have Skype video supported for our device ?
Prasanta kumar panda
Riyadh
prasanta0572
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 4 of 20 (14,930 Views)

I have the same problem. I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 and whenever I have a video call, I see the other party in landscape mode and my party does too. I try to rotate the camera which ends in the other party seeing me upside down. This wasn't a problem prior to the update. Anybody know how to fix this??

kaci316
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 20 (14,919 Views)

I am having the same problem here. When I am using skype (version 2.6.0.95) the front facing camera of my Galaxy S Plus (gingerbread 2.3.3) is showing me upside down to the other party. I could not find a way to adjust camera settings in skype. Is there another way to adjust this? @skype, please fix this. TG
tj33rd
Casual Tourist
Message 6 of 20 (14,790 Views)

same problem here, im using Samsung Galaxy S Plus, and when im using skype video call @ the other party it turns upside down, i hope skype can give us the solution for this... Thanks

dogslife_sioux2
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 7 of 20 (14,635 Views)

Same as above on a New Phone and when making skype vid calls remote user sees my image upside down. Same happens on my wifes phone.

Smiler
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 20 (14,388 Views)

Hi, I met the same problem, now I solved the problem..
uninstall new version (2.6.095) and then install the version 2.5.0.108, you can solve that the problem. When u start the skype chat, enable the rotate option first. after u may rotate the phone to remote side viewers' choice. u can download the skype ver. 2.5.0.108 through ur pc then install. ARM Ariff, KL, Malaysia.
armariff
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 20 (14,168 Views)

Hi, I met the same problem, now I solved the problem..
uninstall new version (2.6.095) and then install the version 2.5.0.108, you can solve that the problem. When u start the skype chat, enable the rotate option first. after u may rotate the phone to remote side viewers' choice. u can download the skype ver. 2.5.0.108 through ur pc then install.
armariff
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 20 (13,956 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling