Skype video on Dell Streak 5 uses back camera how ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Skype video on Dell Streak 5 uses back camera how to make it use front facing camera

tjlang1107
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 7 (3,495 Views)

Re: Skype video on Dell Streak 5 uses back camera how to make it use front facing camera

I cant believe skype does this to so many android users, For real? only rear camera support, this is simply ridiculous, if any camera should be an option is the back camera, who uses the rear camera to video chat, really.

Come on skype get your act together. OOVOO works, and I would not like to change service, have used u for 8 years now, but if cant keep up, I guess users dont have another option.

This is not a streak issue, this is a very common issue with all 2.2 android devices.

FIX IT.

!!!

fbaldus
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 2 of 7 (3,397 Views)

Re: Skype video on Dell Streak 5 uses back camera how to make it use front facing camera

Hi,

Unfortunately Skype uses the back camera only, when the device has an Android 2.2 version. If your phone manufacturer decides to update your devices firmware to the version 2.3 then the front camera will be usable as well. 

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

-----
If answer was helpful please give Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution for other users. Thanks!
Mart
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 191
Message 3 of 7 (3,395 Views)

Have same problem am stuck on android 2.2 untill o2 or dell update
Posted from Dell Streak
edwinroberts52
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 7 (2,921 Views)

I can confirm that fring works fine on my Dell Streak 5 with android 2.2.1  :happy:  whereas Skype doesn't allow switch over to front facing camera  :sad:

MT-DellStreak5
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 7 (2,185 Views)

the thing is that skype doesn't care about android 2.2 users. This is just a lame excuse of giving blame to android. If android was the issue, then tango and oovoo also wouldn't have worked with a front camera in android 2.2
docaussie
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 7 (405 Views)

the thing is that skype doesn't care about android 2.2 users. This is just a lame excuse of giving blame to android. If android was the issue, then tango and oovoo also wouldn't have worked with a front camera in android 2.2

docaussie
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 7 (403 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling