Skype update keeps signing me out repeatedly

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Skype update keeps signing me out repeatedly

Basically, i downloaded the new update for Skype yesterday on my Asus Transformer Tablet and everytime i sign in it signs me out, then it signs me back in again, and then back out it does this constantly i cant stay signed longer than 5 seconds.
When im in a call i always drop becuase im signed out, i can no longer read peoples SMS messages becuase they arrive late or not at all when Skype signs me out.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Skype 3 times all to no prevail. i dont think theres anything wrong with my Transformer, but i must say i prefer the old version of Skype because this never happened to me before.
psycho-director
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 1 of 10 (3,498 Views)

Re: Skype update keeps signing me out repeatedly

I have the eact same problem on my LG v900 tablet. It used to work fine, but now it constantly signs me in and out (every 4 seconds or so)
jessefuego
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 10 (2,945 Views)

Exact same problem on my Samsung galaxy s2 skyrocket with Android 2.3.6
Posted from SonyEricsson LT15i
harik_22
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 10 (2,938 Views)

Identical problem on asus tf101 tablet. And judging by the lack of responses, typical corporate we dont care support....
kaonix
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 10 (2,816 Views)

same here, wt19a keeps stuck at login
eliaspizarro
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 10 (2,354 Views)

Same here :sad: Vodafone Smart Tab 10.

It's not frustrating only for me, all my contacts see me as I constantly signing in, in theirs desktop pop up notification.

prograMira
Casual Tourist
Message 6 of 10 (2,298 Views)

I have the same issue on my Galaxy S1 running 2.1-update1 and kernel 2.6.29. I hit the welcome splashscreen and attempt to put in my login and password. It immediately fails as if it is not even trying to connect to the server.

armysyko
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 10 (2,290 Views)

Same problem here on HTC Note tablet...........Very frustrating!!!!!!:mad:

daverveldd
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 8 of 10 (2,143 Views)

Same behavior here on Samsung Galaxy Tab - signs me out repeatedly throughout day and asks for password instead of automatically signing in like usual. And, then it takes 20 minutes sign in. 

Is Skype not ready for primetime on the Android platform? 20 minute sign in doesn't work for me.

JoelBikes
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 10 (1,913 Views)

i have the same problem on Nexus 4 running Stock Android 4.2.1. Yesterday, i flashed the latest CyanogenMod nightly and skype works perfectly, i'm currently online for more than 24 hours. so maybe it's an android releated issue...

TrusterX
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 10 of 10 (1,252 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling