Skype uninstall/reinstall problem on Android Phone

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Skype uninstall/reinstall problem on Android Phone

This is a known issue. If you uninstall Skype it leaves behind files that won't let you reinstall it. PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE!
Posted from Apple iPad
Cmhendrick
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 10
Message 1 of 21 (5,407 Views)

Re: Skype uninstall/reinstall problem on Android Phone

Having same problem on Samsung Charge
bobbyred11
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 2 of 21 (5,155 Views)

I'm having the same problem.

Samsung Tab

Android 2.2

hugo_matos5
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 3 of 21 (5,126 Views)

Same problem. What can be done?
Barbaraspido
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 4 of 21 (5,120 Views)

just the same problem. I had to desinstall because the connexion never succeeded, and I cannot find a way to download skype for Android again.
adi
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 8
Message 5 of 21 (5,114 Views)

Same problem here, Samsung Galaxy I9000 with CyanogenMod 7.

martux
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 6 of 21 (5,101 Views)

I opened a ticket on the skype help desk. Reply in the 12 hours > for tomorrow, as I will be 'dreaming' of a solution at that moment.
adi
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 21 (5,099 Views)

Hereby the reply on my ticket.

It is in French but in great lines, you should verify the config etc...

The most important thing to know seems that it does work ONLY with some Samsung devices. Good Luck to the ones who have it.

I'm still wondering why my device (not a Samsung) had the Skype loaded by default then.

copy of my personal reply:

Skype est disponible sous forme d'application gratuite à télécharger sur les téléphones Android™ compatibles. Si votre téléphone utilise Android OS version 2.1 (ou une version ultérieure), vous pouvez télécharger l'application.* 

Pour obtenir Skype sur votre téléphone Android, ouvrez le site skype.com/m sur votre combiné et téléchargez-le depuis Android Market. Vous pouvez aussi accéder directement à Android Market, rechercher Skype et télécharger l'application sur votre combiné. Après le téléchargement, Skype est installé et prêt à être utilisé. Il n'y a pas de processus d'installation distinct. Pour le retrouver sur votre téléphone, appuyez sur le bouton de menu du téléphone puis sur Applications. Vous pouvez toujours faire glisser l'application vers votre écran d'accueil pour la retrouver plus facilement.

Vous ne pouvez télécharger des applications depuis Android Market que dans certains pays. Consultez l'adresse suivante pour découvrir si vous pouvez télécharger depuis Android Market là où vous vous trouvez : (I had to suppress the link : it is the one going to answer 138294 - on the list of countries where the Market is available)

Si vous ne pouvez pas télécharger l'application depuis Android Market, Skype pour Android est disponible gratuitement à l'adresse suivante : (I had to suppress the link to the getjar)

Il vous faut au moins 27 Mo de mémoire libre sur votre combiné et ce dernier doit être doté d'un processeur cadencé à au moins 600 Mhz. Les résolutions d'écran acceptées sont les suivantes : 320x480, 800x480 ou 850x480.

Pour en savoir plus sur Skype pour Android, consultez la page suivante : (I had to suppress the link to skype / go/android)

*L'application ne peut actuellement être exécutée que sur certains combinés Samsung Android. Nous travaillons à une solution qui fonctionne sur davantage d'appareils Samsung. En attendant, vous pouvez toujours faire des économies sur les appels vers des téléphones à l'étranger avec un numéro Skype To Go, qui vous permet de passer des appels internationaux depuis votre téléphone Android (ou n'importe quel téléphone mobile ou fixe) à des tarifs Skype avantageux.

Pour en savoir plus sur les numéros Skype To Go, consultez la page suivante : (I had to suppress the link to the numbers) 

L'application Skype pour Android n'est pas disponible en téléchargement en Chine.

end of message.

adi
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 21 (5,070 Views)

adi wrote:

Il vous faut au moins 27 Mo de mémoire libre sur votre combiné et ce dernier doit être doté d'un processeur cadencé à au moins 600 Mhz. Les résolutions d'écran acceptées sont les suivantes : 320x480, 800x480 ou 850x480.

My chinese smartphone has a 400x240 screen resolution...

Is that why I'm getting the message "Application (Skype) is incompatible with the system. Continue the installation anyway?" when I'm trying to install Skype? When I continue anyway, all seems to be fine, until I log in. As soon as I press "Sign in" (or whatever it was) after having entered username and password, it says I need to reinstall Skype.

If so, it's not very friendly of Skype. Any other app works fine on my phone, so far.

rdhoore108
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 9 of 21 (5,030 Views)

I am getting a similar problem, after an apparently successful uninstall of Skype I try reinstalling and it says 'Download was unsuccessful, please try again'.

Please help!

red3and11
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 10 of 21 (4,923 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling