Skype not working on Android tablet

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Skype not working on Android tablet

I have a problem with running Skype on my android tablet. When i activate the app, it says that it will close due to some error. Using Clean Master didn't work either. I'm using a Lark © FreeMe 70.65 tablet with Android 4.0.4 512MB RAM, 1.2 GHz processor and built-in 4GB Flash Memory.

BGW.514
Honorary Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Hi CuttingEdge,

I had a problem similar to yours with Skype 4.5. Reverting to this more reliable older Skype 4.0.0.22082 version, resolved the problem for many of us with smart-phones. Others, usually with tablets, reported that Skype 3.2.0.6673, better suited their needs. If you have a smart-phone, tap the link of the former Skype, or the latter if you have a tablet. If your first choice does not meet your needs, the other would be worth trying.

Before tapping the downloaded apk file to install the selected Skype, uninstall the current Skype, disable the Play Store “Auto-update apps” option, and enable the Android Settings (from) “Unknown sources” option. Once installed, disable the “Unknown sources” option. Be sure to try any future Skype release, indicated by a change of release date on the Google Play Store Skype “UPDATE” page. If the new Skype is unsatisfactory, revert to the older Skype using the saved apk file.

You can choose an even earlier Skype version if you feel that this would be beneficial. To date. I have not experienced any security problems with any of the above web links. Please be sure to post another reply to let me know how you go with the installation. I should be able to help you if you encounter difficulties.

If you have not already done so, you should create a good Android issue report here to help Skype improve future versions. I am sure that a Private Message to Claudius, letting him know where your report is, would be a nice surprise, and really make his day :happy:

Regards, BGW.514

View solution in original post
CuttingEdge
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 14 (16,880 Views)

Re: Skype not working on Android tablet

I am also having trouble getting logged back in. using Verizon ellipsis 7 w Android 4.2 do I need to reinstall or remove Skype WiFi or logout of opera? ideas?
Posted from Android 4.2
rpoolepe
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 2 of 14 (16,870 Views)

Hi CuttingEdge,

I had a problem similar to yours with Skype 4.5. Reverting to this more reliable older Skype 4.0.0.22082 version, resolved the problem for many of us with smart-phones. Others, usually with tablets, reported that Skype 3.2.0.6673, better suited their needs. If you have a smart-phone, tap the link of the former Skype, or the latter if you have a tablet. If your first choice does not meet your needs, the other would be worth trying.

Before tapping the downloaded apk file to install the selected Skype, uninstall the current Skype, disable the Play Store “Auto-update apps” option, and enable the Android Settings (from) “Unknown sources” option. Once installed, disable the “Unknown sources” option. Be sure to try any future Skype release, indicated by a change of release date on the Google Play Store Skype “UPDATE” page. If the new Skype is unsatisfactory, revert to the older Skype using the saved apk file.

You can choose an even earlier Skype version if you feel that this would be beneficial. To date. I have not experienced any security problems with any of the above web links. Please be sure to post another reply to let me know how you go with the installation. I should be able to help you if you encounter difficulties.

If you have not already done so, you should create a good Android issue report here to help Skype improve future versions. I am sure that a Private Message to Claudius, letting him know where your report is, would be a nice surprise, and really make his day :happy:

Regards, BGW.514

BGW.514
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 130
Message 3 of 14 (16,833 Views)

Thanks, changing to older version solved my problem.

Posted from Coby MID1042
CuttingEdge
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 4 of 14 (16,817 Views)

PERFEITO!!! nem a SPACE BR sabe disso... que assistencia técnica de merreca!! Obrigada por resolver o meu problema!!!

regianelofredo
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 14 (14,322 Views)

Thank you. I tried Skype 4.6 on my android 4.2.2 and it on any call it left a blank screen with no noise for perhaps 15 secs and then reverted to the contacts page. This was also true of the Test/Echo page.

Looking at the wifi page, called up on the web, said my device was not compatible but vers 3.2 cured the problem even if the portrait view was upside down(landscape ok). Holay - it works.

guylew
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 14 (12,982 Views)

Hello and thank you for your imformative post with embedded links. However this phrasing seems contradictory and could be clarified: "and enable the Android Settings (from) “Unknown sources” option. Once installed, disable the “Unknown sources” option.". "from" implies "disable". Potentially very key to a successful installation. Can you paraprase/clarify this? The "from" in parantheses is very confusing. Thank you.

Milo775
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 7 of 14 (11,883 Views)

a few days ago offer to download updatefrom google disabled skype to open fully

now it still try to download and can not open it looks its frozen or tring to download but cant

Posted from Samsung GT-P7510
khaleese
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 14 (6,899 Views)

now it still try to download and can not open it looks its frozen or tring to download but cant

CuttingEdge wrote:

I have a problem with running Skype on my android tablet. When i activate the app, it says that it will close due to some error. Using Clean Master didn't work either. I'm using a Lark © FreeMe 70.65 tablet with Android 4.0.4 512MB RAM, 1.2 GHz processor and built-in 4GB Flash Memory.

khaleese
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 14 (6,899 Views)

now it still try to download and can not open it looks its frozen or tring to download but can

pls answer my question

khaleese

khaleese
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 14 (6,898 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling