Skype not working on Android phone

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Skype not working on Android phone

Im using sony ericson, xperia skype not working.
Posted from SonyEricsson E15i
rhonskie7
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 11 of 36 (1,199 Views)

It tried to sign in and it take abt 30min then later it will tell i ve to check my fon settings

Posted from Samsung GT-I9000
sheltya
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 12 of 36 (1,173 Views)

It tried to sign in and it take abt 30min then later it cant not login in at this time and check my fon settings

Posted from Samsung GT-I9000
sheltya
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 13 of 36 (1,171 Views)

please read this carefully....its been posted a couple times already

guys the only thing i can tell you is what i said b4...esp because you dont give any details of what the error exactly says...

so, once again here is what you do...if this doesnt work, then i dont know what to tell you...

goto your phone settings...goto applications...goto manage applications...click on the skype app...click on the clear data button...thats it.

when you try to login to skype after doing what i just said you should be able to login fine...again, if you still cant, then all i can say is good luck...

thewickster
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 14 of 36 (1,149 Views)

Skype has not yet cleared video calling on some android devices like mine for instance (BLU Studio 5.3) so you wont be able to Skype video call but you can be able to chat with your friends on skype. Firstly you need to clear the data on your app, you can do this by Settings>Applications>Manage applications. Then click on the app and click clear data this will make it seem like you hav just installed the app for the first time, now just rub the app and a message will come up asking you if to enable video calling just click cancel and you're ready to skype message your friends
dillon28
Novel Adventurer
Message 15 of 36 (1,077 Views)

The message will appear after u sign in and by "rub" I meant run....hehe.... hope this helps :happy:
dillon28
Novel Adventurer
Message 16 of 36 (1,075 Views)

Brothers it will not because things are Microsoft hands and android is not Microsoft product .this company is well known for monopoly games.

Posted from Acer A210
riz3
Novel Adventurer
Message 17 of 36 (1,043 Views)

Re: please read this carefully....its been posted a couple times already

thank you, I tried exactly what you suggest, but the message is again:

"cannot be signed in at htis time, please check your mobile network settings and try again"

I have a Samsung GT 55660 adn the operator of the miobile network it telecom (Italy).

Skype worked fina a few month ago on the mobile, but than it disappeared and now after downloading it again   it does download, but I cannot sign in (see above). 

Maybe it is Telecom who does block the connection? This is what I suspect now! I connect only thtough wi-fi, so maybe Telecom wants that I connect through her? But if I pay for a month connectio will skype work than? I fear not. 

Thank you, maybe other people have the same problem?

planetelibero

operations at accomodationservice
planete
Novel Adventurer
Message 18 of 36 (956 Views)

Thanks for the solution. It helped me to make it work in my Motorola Razr D3.
hmarro
Novel Tourist
Message 19 of 36 (821 Views)

I have the same problem there is no voice when i called to my samsung galaxy young from any android phone this is just because of new skype in old version of skype that was very good everything was ok

SwatKhan
Tourist
Message 20 of 36 (747 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling