Skype for Android 4 on HTC One s

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Skype for Android 4 on HTC One x

Hi all, I just installed and tried on my One X with my pc, both can see and hear but the video from my One X looks poor on the pc screen.

mickiete
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 11 of 79 (13,093 Views)

Got HTC One S - same thing (skype 2.8.0.920) - almost impossible to use skype for video or voice calls:

* There's a ~1sec lag of your own video.

* Poor sound quality - the other party used iphone4:

** Their voice is interrupted. And when it's not interruped they hear their own echo (poor echo compensation).

** My voice is constantly interrupted as well - so they cannot understand much.

At the same time - no problems with skype on my 2-year-old Ipod. That's another OS of course... but still.

Is it HTC One S (X), ICS4 or Skype?

contrebassiste
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 12 of 79 (12,652 Views)

Some more technical info on skype's slow performance:

skype 2.8.0.920
connection: wifi
caller1: HTC ONE S,
caller2: Iphone4

Attaching the chat's techincal info screenshot.

I've been trying the things and come to thinking that it is the skype not optimized (or whatever) to work with the handset or its camera - just because Google Talk's video chat works good (tested with the same devices).

So, case closed =)

contrebassiste
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 13 of 79 (12,324 Views)

well its because you silly bugga if you use your smart handy with wi fi  then it would be much clear on your pc at home

jaxx
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 14 of 79 (12,296 Views)

Brother has a SGSII, in-laws have a LG G2X, Fiancé has an iPad2, and I have a HTC One S.

Every combination is fine as long as the HTC One S is involved.  We used the same Wifi connection.  HTC One S is the problem.... just don't know if its the phone's hardware, the phone's software, or the Skype application itself.

ericfrederich
Novel Tourist
Message 15 of 79 (12,155 Views)

I have an one week old HTC One S, T-Mobile USA branded.  I installed the app yesterday and un-installed it two hours later.  The audio quality on a video call was bad beyond description.

pcjnyc
Novel Tourist
Message 16 of 79 (12,071 Views)

Same issue

* There's a ~1sec lag of your own video.

* Poor sound quality - the other party used iphone4:

** Their voice is interrupted. And when it's not interruped they hear their own echo (poor echo compensation).

** My voice is constantly interrupted as well - so they cannot understand much.

Did anyone find a solution??? I think I will change device to Galaxy.. this seems to have been  a problem with htc in the past. Its not a skype software issue.. I think it is HTC hardware and how it interfaces with skype. use tango for now.

baard
Novel Tourist
Message 17 of 79 (11,889 Views)

Skype for Android 4 on HTC One s

helo, recently perchased htc one s ,but skype giving me the lots of problem ,cricling noise, some time screen freez most of time sound received and sending delayed,pl help me, ahmed

sultansaeed777
Novel Tourist
Message 18 of 79 (11,876 Views)

Same issue on HTC One S
malistreber
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 19 of 79 (11,766 Views)

Htc one v
Posted from Motorola xt875
dejisa
Novel Adventurer
Message 20 of 79 (11,743 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling