Skype Video Calling on Motorola Photon Android

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Skype Video Calling on Motorola Photon Android

When will this device be supported to use the video calling feature?
Posted from HTC S510e
Shortcake811
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 11 (5,050 Views)

Re: Skype Video Calling on Motorola Photon Android

yeah, i am really wondering the same thing. Am i missing something or is this phone unable to video chat with skype???
BrandonLee_85
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 2 of 11 (4,918 Views)

I believe the Photon runs on the same processor as the Atrix, hence why it is also not supported. The atrix has been out for months and is still not supported despite tons of requests. Maybe with Photon users also requesting compatibility now we can get some more support.

arararar
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 11 (4,916 Views)

yep, ur right. I just read this on another post......

Re: Skype for Android 2.1 released - More video calling on more devices
Options
3 weeks ago

The reason why the phones LG Optimus 2x, T-Mobile LG G2x, Motorola ATRIX 4G, Motorola Droid X2, Motorola Photon, Samsung Galaxy Z (model I9103), Tesla Model S and Android tablets do not have video calling is specifically because of their processor, Skype hasn't yet made video calling compatible with the dual-core processor (Tegra 2) yet, which I believe they are working on now. So when the Android tablets get video calling, so will those dual-core processor phones.

I guess it doesn't always win to get the best phones out there lol.
BrandonLee_85
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 11 (4,912 Views)

Thanks for posting this. It drives me nuts to not be able to get an official answer from any of the vendors for any of these products. All of these phones have a really short shelf life now. Taking forever with support for certain features or not announcing when they might be available is really not a positive experience for consumers. 

gmadhere
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 11 (4,400 Views)

I am waiting for Skype to support video on the Motorola Photon as well.  Count me in.

runswithdog
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 11 (4,208 Views)

I can't believe I can't video call on this **bleep** phone. They need to get their **bleep** together and give us what they promise with this phone.
Posted from Generic Android
low_rida888
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 11 (4,071 Views)

Count me in for photon support.. I can't believe skype doesn't work with dual core phones... all the decent phones are dual core now!
herlsone
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 11 (4,018 Views)

I would like better support as well.  This most recent version crashes as well as not supporting video.  Looking for an update.

runswithdog
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 11 (3,934 Views)

I just bought a photon, not sure I am liking it or not , I tried to skype today  but i could see them but they couldn't see me. i dont know if  am doing somthing wrong or not? any suggestions?

thanks

dptxgal
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 10 of 11 (1,393 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling