Re: Skype Signs out after a few hours claiming unr...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Skype Signs out after a few hours claiming unrecognized password but pw is fine

Skype used to work fine on this device, but this issue has been occurring for about a month:

1) I login in the morning. (Automatic sign in)

2) A few hours later I hear it sign out.

3) I relaunch the ap and it says "name or password not recognized" upon attempting to automatically sign in

4) I put in my same info.  It works again.

5) If I sign out on my own, automatic sign-in works the next time I launch the app. It only gives me the error message if Skype signed me out on it's own.

This issue occurs on 4G, 3G, and WiFi. It used to work fine for over 6 months before this.

I have a HTC Evo 3D (PG86100) running Android 2.3.4 on Sprint.  Skype version 2.8.0.920.

kkrazychic
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 5 (818 Views)

Re: Skype Signs out after a few hours claiming unrecognized password but pw is fine

Same problem here too, after a couple of hours or sometimes, only minutes, skype signs out automatically. I noticed that the problem started about 2 weeks ago

I use a Samsung Galaxy S2 with Android 4.0.3 and my skype version is also 2.8.0.920

ma3x
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 2 of 5 (782 Views)

Re: Skype Signs out after a few hours claiming unrecognized password but pw is fine

I talked to an agent today, Friday June 27, and they said "We are aware of this problem and are working hard on fixing it as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience that this may cause."

For regular updates on solutions, we recommend you to visit http://heartbeat.skype.com/

kkrazychic
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (732 Views)

[ Edited ]

kkrazychic wrote:

Skype used to work fine on this device, but this issue has been occurring for about a month:

1) I login in the morning. (Automatic sign in)

2) A few hours later I hear it sign out.

3) I relaunch the ap and it says "name or password not recognized" upon attempting to automatically sign in

4) I put in my same info.  It works again.

5) If I sign out on my own, automatic sign-in works the next time I launch the app. It only gives me the error message if Skype signed me out on it's own.

This issue occurs on 4G, 3G, and WiFi. It used to work fine for over 6 months before this.

I have a HTC Evo 3D (PG86100) running Android 2.3.4 on Sprint.  Skype version 2.8.0.920.

I have the exact same problem with my Samsung Galaxy SII (Stock ROM, GT-I9100, Android 4.0.4, build IMM76D.XWLPT). It has been doing this for quite some time now making Skype on android pretty useless.

Reinstalling does not resolve the issue, and downloading an unofficial version at some dubious place is a bad option (is it possible to download older versions at Skype somewhere?).

KimN
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 5 (629 Views)

So frustrating. This has been happening for two months now with no fix.  It frustrates me to miss calls becaues I don't notice when it signs out.

kkrazychic
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 5 (555 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling