Skype App forgetting password

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Skype App forgetting password

When there is a problem with connectivity on login or loss of connectivity while beeing online the skype app on my android will seemingly forget the password - next time I start it I have to type it which drives me nuts on the android keyboard. Howto reproduce: * go into a deep cave without internet connectivity * start skype app, quit skype after it failed to login * leave the cave and enter area with good internet connectivity * start skype app - for me it fails to login and says user/password not recognised; have to enter it manually again Richard
RichZ
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 1 of 20 (3,730 Views)

Re: Skype App forgetting password

What type of device, android version, and skype version are you using? The more info I recieve the better I can report the issue.

Thanks.

bnraiwarnocki
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 2 of 20 (3,707 Views)

It is a Huawei Ideos X3, stock Android 2.3.3. Just tried to reproduce by switching data connection on/off but could reproduce the behaviour only once this way, trying to figure out more.
RichZ
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 20 (3,698 Views)

More info: when skype is runing and signed in, switching data connection on/off does never trigger this behavior and skype behaves as expected. However when skype is running and signed in, I stay for a while in a supermarket with very bad 3G connection skype will somehow exit uncleanly/disappear and upon next start "forget" my password. Another way to trigger the behavior is apparently when I run out of memory. HTH
RichZ
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 20 (3,688 Views)

I just started having the same problem a few days ago, no idea why.  Have you figured out the cause or solution?

neomguy
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 5 of 20 (3,586 Views)

Same here, except that I ain't sure if that's due to connectivity loss. FYI, my model is samsung galaxy s3.

GAP
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 20 (3,583 Views)

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2.  I uninstalled all apps I had recently installed and then uninstalled and reinstalled the Skype app, but this has not solved the problem.  Just for the heck of it, I just tried changing my Skype password to see whether this makes any difference.  If it magically helps, I'll post back in a day, otherwise assume it didn't. :-/

neomguy
Routine Adventurer
Message 7 of 20 (3,568 Views)

As expected, the password change did not have an effect.

However, I was on my service provider's data network (Virgin mobile in Canada) for half of yesterday and Skype did not sign out in that time.  When I returned home in the evening and switched to wifi, Skype signed out within an hour.  Thinking back, this has so far only happened while I've been on wireless networks (it also happened at work, so it is not just an artifact of my home network).  When have the others had trouble?

BTW, I have Android 2.3.3.

neomguy
Routine Adventurer
Message 8 of 20 (3,532 Views)

FYI, there is another thread where many have recently complained of the same problem, no fix there yet:
http://community.skype.com/t5/Android/Skype-Keep-Auto-Closing-After-a-Few-Minutes-of-Inactivity/td-p... 

neomguy
Routine Adventurer
Message 9 of 20 (3,500 Views)

I also have the same issue. I have a Samsung Galaxy Y that has no cell service associated with it, so it is WiFi only. In between work and home this same problem will happen.

Skype ver. 2.8.0.920
Android ver. 2.3.5
Kernel ver. 2.6.35.7
Samsung Galaxy Y (GT-S5360L) on WiFi only.

Thanks,
mandarin
Posted from Ginovo MID
mandarave
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 10 of 20 (3,372 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling