A new version of Skype for Android has arrived. Grab the updated Skype 2.8 for Android now from Google Play and share your experience with us.
The main improvements over the previous version are:
- Improved start-up time
- In-app notifications of Skype app updates
- Instant Messaging user interface improved
- Widened the support of video rotation to many more devices
- Updated the list of devices which are video capable
More information from our blog:
The green video issue was due to Qualcomm chip problem, which was fixed with an update.
If there are no updates to your device, please let me know the following:
1. Device model
2. Android version
3. Is it rooted/custom rom?
Best suggestion is to use a stock rom with the latest updates to get the video working properly.
Do you know is it possible to download just this Qualcomm's update somewhere?
Please try the following steps (best if connected via Wifi for these):
1. Reboot your device after the installation and try again.
2. If #1 failed, go to Settings - Applications - Skype - Clear data, reboot your device and login to Skype again.
3. If #1 failed, uninstall Skype, reboot your device, reinstall Skype 2.8 from the Google Play Store.
If all these steps fail, please let me know whats the Android version you are using and what connection type it's connected with.