Re: Skype 2.8 for Android released, use this post ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Re: Skype 2.8 for Android released, use this post for feedback

Friend developer, I want to inform you that the new version of skype (2.8.0.920) is not legal in your design, it was better to talk in the chat viewing the profile image in conversation as it was in the layout of the previous version. And had the enter button next to the message field to send emoticons without using the keyboard.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy W
Posted from Opera Tablet on Android
0 Kudos
rodrigopaiva
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 41 of 215 (963 Views)

I wish mean that it's not cool* ...
Posted from Opera Tablet on Android
0 Kudos
rodrigopaiva
Casual Adventurer
Message 42 of 215 (961 Views)

I would like of better support for my smartphone...

- Samsung Galaxy W GT-I8150B
- Android 2.3.5
- Kernel 2.6.35.7
Posted from Samsung GT-i5500
0 Kudos
rodrigopaiva
Casual Adventurer
Message 43 of 215 (960 Views)

First, I really like how fast Skype is now compared to the previous version. Everything works fine till now, nothing to complain. But as others said before, I liked the old IM interface with that speech bubbles and pictures much more. The new one has really no advantages. I strongly recommend to roll that back, because the new interface in fact is a step backwards.

At least you could let the user choose. But as this will bloat up the app, the best thing would be to return to the old interface.

0 Kudos
mcaaron
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 44 of 215 (939 Views)

I really like the ICS based UI, and skype is a lot faster now. Some of the icons still need to be changed to fit the new theme. It's also using the correct profile for Bluetooth headsets, but it's still not using the Bluetooth mic. Maybe this is an Android issue? 

0 Kudos
Sir_Leto
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 45 of 215 (934 Views)

Re: Skype 2.8 for Android Killed App for Stock Sprint Epic 4g GB 2.3.6 EL30

The new update ruined Skype for my Stock Sprint Epic 4G running GB 2.3.6 EL30.  The video no longer works either way and the screen is stuck in the "calling" mode.  PRIOR TO THIS UPDATE EVERYTHING WAS WORKING JUST FINE.  Can I download and install the old version somewhere?  I have uninstalled and resintalled Skype.  I've rebooted.  Nothing works.  Please bring back the old Skype...

0 Kudos
daehttub
Novel Adventurer
Message 46 of 215 (928 Views)

I'm on an HTC Sensation Z710e running Android 2.3.4 (my network hasn't rolled out ICS yet) from SK Telecom in South Korea. I'm running Skype 2.8.0.920.

I am having trouble calling land lines. So far I've only attempted to call landlines over a Wifi connection (not over network nor have I tried calling fellow Skype users). I dial the number and hit the call button. the button greys out slightly but nothing happens. This did not happen in previous versions. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you.

0 Kudos
acattle
Novel Tourist
Message 47 of 215 (888 Views)

Gosh. A lot of rude, demanding people here. Have missed quite a few updates so not sure when this bug was introduced.

Latest version (2.8.0.920) using video call, the recipient sees a garbled video of me (lots of vertical pink bars, colours all messed up). Everything else works as expected. They receive audio fine, I can see them, I can see my own picture in PIP in the corner.

I can use an old version that I still had the apk of (2.5.0.160) and video calls are fine.

Using an Ainol Novo 7 Advanced II. Stock ICS 4.0.3 (v1.0) firmware (the latest one). Hope this can be fixed. Brilliant app. Thanks guys.

0 Kudos
default617
Novel Tourist
Message 48 of 215 (867 Views)

[ Edited ]

HTC Vision, Android 2.3.4, Kernel 2.6.35.10. 

The following annoying things happen:

1. When dialing out on a call, audible Skype "dialing" sound plays over the top of telco ring sound. Lame.
  2. There is no way to disable audible sounds or sounds on notifications. Derp.
  3. Skype crashes when the browser accesses sites that are media intensive, or when the Wifi radio is using significant amounts of bandwidth. Fart.
  4. On occasion, Skype will tell me that I have the country code wrong, even though I have the exact string input [i.e. +1-234-567-8901]. Gak.
  5. Skype will occasionally tell me I have my password wrong on an auto sign-in on reboot of the phone. See item #2 for my feelings on this.
  6. I have seen no real marked improvement in program startup. In fact, I've seen some total non-startups after a reboot or startup. 

I use this program constantly. And well, those are my experiences so far.

krawe
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 49 of 215 (865 Views)

I have installed it on my HTC EVO 3D, running the stock rom from HTC. This verison of Skype is very slow in starting up taking forever to display my contact list and randomly cuts off my video and voice calls. 

How do I downgrade to a previous version? This version does not work for me!

HK2001
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 50 of 215 (864 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling