Samsung Galaxy s3 video calls on skype

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Samsung Galaxy s3 video calls on skype

Hi, I can see the caller on my S3 but he cannot see me on his IPhone. My error message says to turn on the camera, but pressing the icon does not turn on the front camera. Who can help. Thanks !

rubiconalbin
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 12
Message 21 of 114 (30,386 Views)

It took me a while to realize this, but you need to have your phone camera on front-facing video mode to do video chats on skype, and for people to see you on skype.  This is pretty annoying as most of the time I assume people use the camera otherwise (rear-facing video, or actual camera).  I am not sure if you can change the video camera setting after logging into skype, but i know skype works when you first go to camera, click on video, click on front-facing, then go back and start up skype.  give it a try.  

davidyhain
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 22 of 114 (30,323 Views)

Skype has not yet addressed a NUMBER of problems their app has on the Galaxy SIII. Nor have they responded to the issues in the forums. There are some great competitor products out there though. Perhaps Skype isn't interested in business development. Too bad. It seemed like they had something going.
devedsmith
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 14
Message 23 of 114 (30,308 Views)

I am open to alternatives but I need one that works between the S3 and apple devices.  Google+ hangouts work; do you have any recommended alternatives to skype?

davidyhain
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 24 of 114 (30,297 Views)

I'm not really familiar with iPhone ones. They seem to be pretty obscure with Apple products since FaceTime has the monopoly. On Android there are any number of options. Tango is great.

devedsmith
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 14
Message 25 of 114 (30,292 Views)

Check out Google Talk.  Works like a champ on Samsung Galaxy S III.  Sorry Skype.  If you don't work the problem, you lose.

kct2

kct2
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 26 of 114 (30,145 Views)

Hi,

On XDA you can take some ROM and Skype Works.

The skype works with video but with an offcial rom it doesn't work.

Some people ar some solution ?

jeannoellayat
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 27 of 114 (30,091 Views)

Bit confusing here Skype - There is no icon tro make a video call - only the option when you bring up a contact that is able to take video calls. Ok sort of makes sense!
dr_Do_Little
Novel Tourist
Message 28 of 114 (29,862 Views)

I do 2 test to the same account.

1 - With my official rom and official Skype.  No Video Call

2 - With and XDA rom and Xda Skype config. Video Call is enable.

The team Skype/Samsung can call XDA for the solution.

Regards

"Quand on veut être honnête ça marche jamais avec la technologie"

jeannoellayat
Novel Adventurer
Message 29 of 114 (29,818 Views)

On my Samsung Galaxy S3, it works all fine, just when I video call, the person that i see, is all different kinds of colours. same with when they see me on their screen. How do i fix that?

kasiamikus98
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 30 of 114 (29,694 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling