Samsung Galaxy s3 video calls on skype

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Samsung Galaxy s3 video calls on skype

Video calls cannot be made through skype on my Samsung galaxy s3. It does not even give an option to switch to video call. Is there any way this can be fixed? Thank you
Posted from Samsung GT-I9000
DeborahSmitten
Novel Tourist

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

I have a Samsung Galaxy s3 and can make video calls but not at first. The default on the phone app is to have video calling disabled. I had to go into the Skype app settings and enable it. I had to get my sister who was trying to videocall me with her new Samsung to do the same. I don't know whether this is what has happened with yours. Its worth checking.

View solution in original post
lenule123456
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 60
Message 1 of 113 (243,328 Views)

Re: Samsung Galaxy s3 video calls on skype

I use galaxy note android 4.03 cant make video call i have full opttions but cant do it.then crash. Think we have to wait for an update for android 4.x
jb1331
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 2 of 113 (243,276 Views)

I have a Samsung Galaxy s3 and can make video calls but not at first. The default on the phone app is to have video calling disabled. I had to go into the Skype app settings and enable it. I had to get my sister who was trying to videocall me with her new Samsung to do the same. I don't know whether this is what has happened with yours. Its worth checking.
DeborahSmitten
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 44
Message 3 of 113 (243,101 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi JB1331, I just bought a Samsung S3 and was told that it would be NO problem at all to connect to Skype. However, have same problem as you have whilst Skype say that we should have the option of connecting to them for video calling in their ads! Misleading! Also I find it annoying you cannot get in touch with them directly to ask for guidance!

albatrosmrc
Tourist
Kudos: 10
Message 4 of 113 (243,069 Views)

In my SGS2 video calling doesn't work as well.
Kamil
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 5 of 113 (243,028 Views)

Skype works perfectly for video calling on my galaxy S 3. Orange network. (currently a problem with their apn settings. Not a Skype fault)
Posted from Generic Android
Kurai_Kitsune
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 16
Message 6 of 113 (242,846 Views)

You are lucky one. I can not even sign in to my Skype account on my galaxy siii. I think it is AT&T setting which block me from connection. I had problem to set up my Google account and I'm still not sure I can send e-mail. I'll check if I can get unlocking key from Samsung for this phone, if not I will return it.
JulaW
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 7 of 113 (242,430 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi, I have same kind of problem i just launch the complaint to Three network. I tried lot but not yet enble my video call on Samsung Galaxy S3. Please any one help in this regard. As when i call to Three Network the support ppl says its third party software nobody can take initiative at their end to resolve that issue.

In addition to that i observed some time during voice call when i finish the call aur hangup its takes time.

Waiting for postive reply in this regards.

Anis

[removed for privacy]

muhammadanis
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 8 of 113 (241,840 Views)

I have same issue at first. Uninstall and re-install skype seems allow me to login to skype after. But still can't make any call ... either voice even video .... AT&T block skype on this phone ?!?
geesantoz
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 9 of 113 (241,570 Views)

same here, got galaxy s3 from sprint, downloaded skype from play store, can login and make calls, but sounds crappy, i can see others eventhough the video looks really bad, but they can't see me. have enabled video calls, still nothing.

xoc3cz
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 20
Message 10 of 113 (241,307 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling