Report Spam

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Report Spam

There does not appear to be any way to report spam either in the Android Skype app, or on this website. In fact, the designers of the Skype website seem to have strategically removed any and all ways of contacting them in any way whatsoever. Given no other choice, I will report it here. Before someone points it out, yes I am aware that I can block the sender of this. That is not the point. This is nowhere near acceptable and I should be able to report the offending account to Skype and have it stopped.

I received two Skype calls on my phone, both at 10pm, a few minutes apart. They both contained the same robotic voice message. The message was from an account with Skype name hbj.system, full name "SYSTEM NOTICE™ ONLINE MAINTENANCE," clearly pretending to be an official notice from Skype. It said, "This is an official alert. Your computer is not protected. To protect your computer, go immediately to the website, www.[Redacted].com." Why is there no official way to report this?

Moomoogelato
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 3 (1,091 Views)

Re: Report Spam

Just got on my grandmothers computer, she's gotten over 50 of these on and off over the last 2 months. Suprised you can't report a user like this.
0 Kudos
hillbilly19801
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 3 (1,059 Views)

Re: Report Spam

Of course you can report users like this on Skype for Windows already. See here for detailed instructions: http://community.skype.com/t5/Security-Privacy-Trust-and/How-to-Handle-Suspicious-Calls-Messages-and...

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
0 Kudos
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 11841
Message 3 of 3 (1,055 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling