Removing Skype from android phone

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Removing Skype from android phone

I installed skype to my mobile whilst I was expecting a call from my friend who was in Australia for a while. In order to save space on my phone I have now uninstalled the app (as good as it is, my contract means I have no need for internet calling).

My problem is that now, every time I make a phone call, I get a prompt to ask whether I want to make a mobile call or an internet call. I know this is a little thing but I do a lot of driving and my handsfree dialing is now pointless as I even if I voice dial the number this message pops-up and forces me to take my eyes from the road to select these tiny little radio buttons to select Mobile call. This has only occurred since I uninstalled Skype, I have tried re-installing Skype and then unticking everything in the settings list and the message still appears after uninstalling skype. Help!

Simac_Parbri
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 2 (476 Views)

Re: Removing Skype from android phone

Having that POP UP menu choice every time you dial is awful! i am going nuts with this problem. In California it is illegal to talk on cell while driving, so handsfree is essential. My cell Bluetooth connection to the car not auto-synch HELP! Sad to say but i may just have to uninstall SKYPE MOBILE until this problem gets fixed.
mobileskype
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 2 (427 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling