Quit Skype on Android

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Quit Skype on Android

In addition to Videochat on my Galaxy tab 10.1 the other simple feature I'd love to see implemented - a Quit option.  you know to turn off Skype when it's not needed.  Sorry, I just don't neeed the program eating up memory and battery when I'm not using it.  Now I have to go into settings and quit Skype from under the running applications.

Thanks

Mark Santora

mark_santora
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 34
Message 1 of 12 (17,652 Views)

Re: Quit Skype on Android

One of the things they broke going from 1 to 2. Thank you for adding your vote to this forgotten feature.
Bob_Denny
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 22
Message 2 of 12 (17,630 Views)

The worst is that it just keeps on restarting, even after shutting down the service and killing the process - even without being logged in.

lgr
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 29
Message 3 of 12 (17,570 Views)

I have the same problem with the addition that I have written to SKYPE tech support and they just ignored me by saying "this is how it is" and that is it.  Good support!

The problem is not only that you cannot quit easily, the only way to do it is to go and stop the application in the application manager (HTC Sensation) but that it will restart itself again!!!.

The "stop skype" application does not do the trick either

Uri
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 4 of 12 (17,519 Views)

You can’t be serious! This is not fixed in 2.1

hdeath
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 16
Message 5 of 12 (17,444 Views)

Hi Mark, How did you install Skype onan Andriod Tablet? Did it come pre installed! If notcould you help out as I am not able to do it. Thanks. Sanjiv
esskayw115
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 12 (17,407 Views)

This is really anoying.

You can go to the app's main screen (where you have the 4 icons), open the menu and select "logout".

It quits the app, or at least makes the notification icon go away, though it seems to leave some service running.

The problem with this method is that next time you want to start Skype, you have to input your password once again.

There is an option in the preferences to turn Skype off after X minutes, but it's a mistery as to how it works, and in any case, sometimes I want to have Skype always on, and sometimes I just want to make a quick call and shut it down.

Why doesn't Skype:

1. respect the fact that some users don't want to run the app on their phones 24x7?

2. at least remember the password so I don't have to type it in all the time?

A simple "Quit" button in the menu would suffice.

Cachapa
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 7 of 12 (17,394 Views)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=800092

Profile -> Menu Button -> Sign Off

paulus172
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 8 of 12 (13,796 Views)

Yep, it worked. Thanks!
NCsaba
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 12 (13,753 Views)

Welcome to mirrific world of Micro$oft ... Why should i retype my email on registration for this forum if i already login in my skype account?another good service destroyed by this guys.. Thank you keep it up
Posted from Samsung GT-S6802
teoodorb
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 12 (5,284 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling