Re: Question about: disable individual chat notifi...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Re: Question about: disable individual chat notifications

[ Edited ]

you are confusing mobile with desktop

people are asking for this feature to be available in mobile version

this is the single most annoying issue with skype on mobile, and why i have stopped using skype on mobile.

we have either people leaving group chats, since they get spammed on mobile or people stop using skype mobile because they want to stay on group chats

this is the single biggest issue why people went over to imo.im and other mobile IM clients, and it's from my understanding not comprehensible why skype has not implemented the same functionality as with the desktop client into the mobile versions.

i don't want to get 500 chat popups every time i turn on skype on my mobile phone because it's syncing group chats. also i don't want every single chat message to be pushed to the notifications

it simply seems as if skype puts no value into the mobile version

mastef
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 21 of 38 (2,535 Views)

Hey this a major issue wake up

TolisBek
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 22 of 38 (2,443 Views)

How to disable all mobile notifications if we cant disable per-group notifications?

I cant even find how to do that in the app. 

Like others already posted ad nauseum, I am having all the same complaints as the rest. 

I am a member of various grops and on my desktop my notifications are set to only alert me about activity that mentions certain keywords. I can't use skype on my mobile device (iPhone) without this feature; I get blown out of the universe when turning the app on, and if I leave it on, without this functionality.

Things in the Skype labs must be really boring if the developers there aren't even involved in enough group chats to be experiencing the same problems. Must be that group collaboration isnt encouraged there.. 

It baffles me how this can persist for so long and not get resolved. 

MHMH
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 23 of 38 (2,369 Views)

+! for adding more granular notification settings on the mobile platforms. I *need* to receive notifications from some people, but the constant stream of posts in some online groups is a ridiculous intrusion on my iphone.

It's totally shocking how long ago this thread started, and it still isn't fixed. :sad:

boywithk9
Novel Adventurer
Message 24 of 38 (2,307 Views)

I also need this badly! It's an essential feature for anyone part of a group chat with lots of people.

Blue_Ninja0
Routine Adventurer
Message 25 of 38 (2,286 Views)

My work around for this is to open the skype account I use on my mobile on my PC. Then I go to the menu bar to Conversation then Notification Setting.

Not sure why but it doesn't stop the notification on all groups but it does work for some.  But I agree Skype needs to be much better on a mobile device.

Jaeger74
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 26 of 38 (2,081 Views)

That suggestion only works on the PC. This thread is about disabling notifications by group on mobile, which can not be done from the device or from a computer.

boywithk9
Novel Adventurer
Message 27 of 38 (2,072 Views)

Plz add this

Boojeah
Novel Adventurer
Message 28 of 38 (1,929 Views)

I really need this functionality!

Please do ASAP!

Or suggest some temporary solution!

razbakov
Novel Adventurer
Message 29 of 38 (1,855 Views)

Hey guys!
I just found solution!

Type /alertsoff in chat :happy:

razbakov
Novel Adventurer
Message 30 of 38 (1,852 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling