Proscan PLT1044

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Proscan PLT1044

I bought a proscan plt 1044 and can't seem to be able to get skype oh it. Can you tell me if skype will work on it??

Thank you

Richard Barton

bart302@bellsouth.net

bartonr
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (1,363 Views)

Re: Proscan PLT1044

Just install Google Play (formally Google Market) manually as explained here: http://www.the-digital-reader.com/2012/06/10/how-to-add-android-market-to-polaroid-pmid702c/

This is for another tablet but works fine for the PLT1044 also. I copied the files to a MicroSD card from my computer and put it in the PLT1044. Then use the File Manager to access the card on the tablet to install the files.

After that, you can install all the apps you want including Skype.

Alternatively, you can install the Amazon Market or use GETJAR, but I would recommend to install Google Play.

ElbertR
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 3 (1,357 Views)

Re: Proscan PLT1044

[ Edited ]

The instructions in the link will install an older version of the Google Market which works fine on the PLT1044.

Besides using a MicroSD card to transfer the files you can also use a regular usb flash drive and use the OTG cable (micro usb male to regular usb female) plugged into the 'host' micro usb port on the tablet. Use the File Manager to access the files.

I tried updating to the latest version of 'Goolge Play' but that once keeps on crashing on the PLT1044. So I went back to the Market version from that link which works fine and allows you to install SKYPE and all other important apps.

As far as I can tell, Skype works fine on this tablet.

ElbertR
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 3 (1,321 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling