Microphone not working

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Re: Microphone not working

I have the same problem with a Jiayu G2S MTK6577T phone. It's Android 4.1.2, with Skype 4.4.0.34403. If I make a call I can hear the other person but they can't hear me. If I use the Skype Echo/Test Sound service I can hear the voice telling me to speak until I hear the tone. I speak until I hear the tone, but when the message is played back all I hear is a buzzing sound.

There's no problem with the phone's microphone as it works fine when I make calls from the phone itself.

jbrBCN
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 51 of 66 (1,754 Views)

I have a new ipad and the test microphone does not work and my friends cannot hear me.

w4agy
Novel Tourist
Message 52 of 66 (1,721 Views)

I had the same problem.  The newest version of Skype has problems.  I fixed it by installing an older version of Skype and refusing any updates by going to Google Play and choosing "Do Not Auto-Update" option for Skype so the newer version doesn't get installed.  My microphone now works and I can hear sound again.

shandesu
Novel Adventurer
Message 53 of 66 (1,701 Views)

If your mic works with other apps like tango or simple calling then its not your MIC issue its your skype version, actually NOIR A60 comes with an old version by default and if you update or install a new version from Google play then it may not work.

please find a link below of Skype Old version for QMOBILE A60 which worked on my A60

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tpmlqhvadqswwss/Skype%20for%20Qmobile%20NOIR%20A60%20etc.apk

talibali
Casual Tourist
Message 54 of 66 (1,671 Views)

I have Jiayu G2S (MTK 6577) phone. Half a year ago Skype worked well, then there were some updates and from 4.0 version skype doesn't work on Android. While echo testing I can hear only bzzzzz. Tried some of fixes mentioned here in this thread, what helped me was a downgrade to 3.2 but even I can use skype only in speaker mode, the ear mode is not working anymore (only bzzzzz sound). Other apps using microphone (CSipsimple, Duolingo, etc) didn't even mentioned any problem but Skype is full of bugs for months. This thread is slightly becomming one of the longest, but Skype team doesnt care.

xmonika
Novel Tourist
Message 55 of 66 (1,342 Views)

hi 

did u find the solution for ur query ? as i am facing the same problem in my phone as well. Pls share if u found the solution

hi_2_rahul
Novel Tourist
Message 56 of 66 (1,198 Views)

Install skype version 2.8.0.920
Posted from Generic J2ME Midlet
hassanalishahid
Novel Tourist
Message 57 of 66 (684 Views)

Please help with the audio
Posted from Apple iPad
bensman192
Novel Adventurer
Message 58 of 66 (643 Views)

I have the same problem with my Samsung galaxy note 10.1 pre 2014.
Sully2113
Novel Tourist
Message 59 of 66 (504 Views)

Skype V. 4.7.0 works fine on my Samsung Galaxy S3 - but fails miserably on my Medion/Lenovo E10316 tablet:

No sound from the loudspeaker, and Skype callers cannot hear me. That's strange because all other Audio apps on my tablet work fine. So it's not a hardware problem, but rather one of Skype's software configuration.. Skype doesn't offer any settings for loudspeaker/microphone - this is a serious flaw.

What's even worse: I've read about this issue on the net for at least half a year, yet Skype never offered a fix. Obviously, the company doesn't care about its users. One of the side effects of Microsoft's acquisition of Skype?

Arjay01
Novel Tourist
Message 60 of 66 (492 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling