Re: Microphone not working

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

not working

petes_2012
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 41 of 79 (2,858 Views)

I had exactly the same problem with my Samsung S2. Skype had been working ifne for months, along comes an update and - WHAM!! Nobody can hear me any longer. I initially uninstalled Skype and reinstalled without success. then, after reading your post, I also switched the phone off after the uninstall. It seems to have worked! Thank you XX :bigsmile:

SaraK
Novel Tourist
Message 42 of 79 (2,754 Views)

Ever since last update my Alcatel Android phone is not Skype friendly!!  Can here callers but they can't here me.  Getting really frustrated and cross because Skype just doesn't seem interested in fixing this problem

Jocelynlep
Casual Adventurer
Message 43 of 79 (2,711 Views)

ok so there is only 1 way to fix this uninstall your skype ,go into your playstore and under setting disable auto update (this is so your skype will not update ) ok now look online for Skype 3.2 APK and then download it to your pc and push it to your extrnal sdcard go into your phone/tablet and look for where you put it and install it make sure you enable install from unknowed sources and then you are set problem fixed ,I hope this helped you . im attaching the apk hope it helps 

weegster33
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 44 of 79 (2,357 Views)

Same problem here. Microphone doesn't' work after making update,Q-mobile A7 android.plz look into the same.
Posted from Android 4.1
M.I.Changezi
Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 45 of 79 (2,353 Views)

I seem to have the same issue. Samsung galaxy note 8, andriod 4.2.2 no sound. No mic. Nothing happens when I call echo test. If I call a contact it connects but neither of us can hear anything
Posted from Android 4.2
monkeyfoot
Novel Adventurer
Message 46 of 79 (2,336 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks so much, monkeyfoot, this saved me potentially hours of hitting my head against my desk.  Disabling auto-update from Google Play was key, as was uinstalling Skype v4.+, immediately rebooting, then installing the earlier version.  Very nice (and I like the earlier interfaces better anyway) :happy:.

shandesu
Novel Adventurer
Message 47 of 79 (2,281 Views)

My phoune Skype microphone is not wroking
Posted from Android 4.1
safdarjnjua
Casual Tourist
Message 48 of 79 (2,251 Views)

i had same problem but when i used speaker phone then it start working.
Posted from Samsung GT-I9100
Mohsini172
Novel Adventurer
Message 49 of 79 (2,135 Views)

Thanks. This helped me. I downgraded to version 3.2.2, audio problem gone!
Posted from Android 4.0
Adaku
Novel Tourist
Message 50 of 79 (2,064 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling