LGMS910 - LG Esteem on MetroPCS

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

LGMS910 - LG Esteem on MetroPCS

I just bought this phone and it is awesome.  But after I loaded Skype I could not make or receive video calls.  Can anyone tell me if this feature is supposed to work with this phone?  Or, since the phone was only released on September 28th, will this feature be added anytime in the near future?  The phone does have Android Gingerbread 2.3.  Thanks!

leland
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 6 (3,881 Views)

Re: LGMS910 - LG Esteem on MetroPCS

Did you try enabling videocalling via the app's settings? That is: Once you've opened Skype press the hardware (!) settings button on your device to open the settings and check the videocalling option there. 

Please let us know if this works, so we can consider making this the default for this device. Unfortunately there are so many Android phones on the market its impossible for our team to test all of them

Ian
Staff
Staff icon
Kudos: 13
Message 2 of 6 (3,874 Views)

Yes, I have that same problem with Metro PCS LG ESTEEM android also, it has a micro web cam on front and I can't do Video calls also; I hope you guys can give us an aswer for that problem.
christianirak
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 6 (3,710 Views)

Wow....all this time I've been wondering how to do this and it was such a simple fix. Thanks a lot for your help on this. Now I can videochat w/my girlfriend in Japan!!!

Southtownbluz
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 4 of 6 (2,659 Views)

i have the same phone and i can only see there video but my cameras won't turn on
noellealira
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 6 (2,335 Views)

DT
Posted from HW M835
dt13
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 6 (1,393 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling