Ideapad A1 meets reqs. Why no video?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Ideapad A1 meets reqs. Why no video?

The Lenovo Ideapad A1 appears to meet all of the stated requirements -- minimum version, NEON, etc.  Why doesn't video work?

sinanju
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 1 of 113 (6,720 Views)

Re: Ideapad A1 meets reqs. Why no video?

PLEASE ADD my name to the list of people who are unhappy that Skype video does not work on the Lenovo A1.

Greg

delezynski
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 2 of 113 (6,584 Views)

I love Skype but the video doesn't work on the Lenovo ideapad A1 tablet. Please address this.
HeavyHanded
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 113 (6,567 Views)

Skype, please fix this. I would really like my A1 to work with your service. If google can make it work shouldn't you be able to?
Posted from Samsung GT-I9000
tinybeetle
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 113 (6,561 Views)

Someone said on the Lenovo forums that it could work with Skype 3.5, where can we get it? It's a shame that Skype video isn't working on the Lenovo A1 even if it says that the video mode is supported.

Would be nice to hear something from the Skype team!

Crogge
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 5 of 113 (6,544 Views)

I have a similar concern.

Jaysus
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 113 (6,494 Views)

[ Edited ]

Did you enable video calling in the settings as explained here:
http://community.skype.com/t5/Android/Frequently-asked-Android-questions-Answers/td-p/211358

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 12357
Message 7 of 113 (6,489 Views)

Your URL is invalid, but I checked the settings and, aye, Claudius, video is enabled.

Today's app update did nothing to fix the problem, either.

sinanju
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 113 (6,477 Views)

Please try clearing Skype data from Android Settings->Apps->Skype->Clear data. Then re-start your device and try videocalling again.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 12357
Message 9 of 113 (6,461 Views)

[ Edited ]

There are NEWS about this issue!

I cleaned the cache/app data (As suggested) after I installed Skype 2.6.x and video chatting / file sending will work afterwards! Skype itself runs a bit buggy but after 1-2 test calls it finally started to work.

The only problem which remains is the following:

The video is upside down (Vertical flipped), the video from the PC is not bugged. So Skype video calls work finally, but the other person will see you upside down :tongue:

Is there any solution how to fix this issue? Is it so difficult for the Skype developers to add a option to "flip" the video as a kind of "mirror" function <.<? (The rear camera seems to work by the way, so the flip bug appears only with the important front camera)

Crogge
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 10 of 113 (6,458 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling