Re: Ideapad A1 meets reqs. Why no video?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How hard can this be? The issue has been out for so long and no progress has been done so far! Still sending an upside-down image during video calls...

Geoponer76
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 31 of 113 (2,297 Views)

MAYBE BECAUSE SKYPE WAS BOUGHT BY MICROSOFT.......

THEY GO BY THIER STANDARD....

massyla
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 32 of 113 (2,294 Views)

We need a rough timeframe for this issue to be fixed please.  I need skype when I'm mobile and may need to buy another pad if this isnt fixed quickly.  Is it going to take a week?  A month?  Give us some idea.  Thanks.

nickwaller1
Novel Adventurer
Message 33 of 113 (2,278 Views)

Posted from Samsung GT-I9000
chenghun7
Casual Tourist
Message 34 of 113 (2,214 Views)

I also have the IdeaPad A1 and video is upside down and zoomed in every time that I make a video call. The issue happens when using the front camera. If it wasn't for that bug Skype would be great. Please.release an update to fix this problem. Thanks in advance.
BouRne
Novel Tourist
Message 35 of 113 (2,154 Views)

SKYPE.. ARE YOU LISTENING!?

FIXING UPSIDE DOWN VIDEO CAN NOT BE THAT HARD....

massyla
Casual Adventurer
Message 36 of 113 (1,951 Views)

We are listening, and this is on our list. We see huge variation in video performance across Android devices, so we can't support everything at first pass. Please bear with us.

Staff icon
Kudos: 32
Message 37 of 113 (1,949 Views)

I know there are problems for most users with skype. I have an unrooted a1 I just got. Tablet says I have the latest version of OS. I downloaded skype and it is version 2.6.0.95. I tried a few skype test video calls and they only last for a few seconds, maybe because it's test connection, but my front camera video image appears unusually large to me. I don't know any other way to test skype on A1. I have read about skype problems, and it doesn't look like skype or lenovo have fix yet for various problems including upside down video. otherwise I like table.
Thanks
mitchellfox
Novel Tourist
Message 38 of 113 (1,778 Views)

Well...add me to the list too. A setting like flip camera would solve the problem. Can't I manually change this by editing a file or is rooting required?
gvrman
Novel Tourist
Message 39 of 113 (1,755 Views)

How hard can this be!

Fellow Skypers who bought A1, advertised as Skype enabled, bought A1 because of the video feature, did not buy Kindle Fire due to no video.

We got to keep bugging, have our voices heard. After ipad3 or with more new tablets with better OS, Skype will no longer bother to solve this problem fot A1 users. 

We need to have our voice heard now!

Speak up now our never!

We have to get this isuse resolved.   

Dan! listen to us. We need help!!

Everyone speak up!!!

massyla
Casual Adventurer
Message 40 of 113 (1,462 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling