Re: How do I exit/shut down Keep?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: How do I exit/shut down Skype?

this is BS. is there not Over-the-phone tech support for skype? that's sad..

Please use plain text.
tulopez
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 11 of 51 (8,679 Views)

It is in fact ridiculous. Not only there is no exit button, but the application restarts itself even if you kill the process through settings or using any other application. The only way to exit it is to uninstall - which I did. Shame on you, Skype.

Please use plain text.
s_life_p
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 12 of 51 (8,659 Views)

And to add insult to injury email tech support seems clueless.. Telling me to simply mark a 'do not run on startup' checkbox that doesnt exist and to exit to not have it run, when it clearly does keep running.. And not only that keeps auto restarting. 

Please use plain text.
sefton
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 13 of 51 (8,655 Views)

Re: How do I exit/shut down Keep?

The auto restarting part is the most weird and astonishing fact - it also tells you they did this on purpose. It is like putting a TV in your house that not only you can't turn off, but also turns itself back on after you pull the plug off - and the only way to turn it off is to throw it out of the window.

Does anybody from the tech support ever read this? What's with the silence???? Some kind of explanation would not hurt.

Please use plain text.
s_life_p
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 14 of 51 (8,646 Views)

I want to exit the application in Windows 7. There is no option to do so. Close, sign out do not shut down the application.

No app should be so arrogant that it thinks it can persist. You have no idea why the app needs to be shut down. Customer presentation, audit, testing another app, reducing memory.... If no File - Exit, then Uninstall.
Please use plain text.
dadnukum
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 15 of 51 (8,305 Views)

I have a acer iconiatab and i simply go to settings, manage my apps and disable skype,hope this helps

Please use plain text.
supportskype1
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 16 of 51 (8,212 Views)

My response is to uninstall any program that overides normal 'close window' or quit requests - I hope this notion gets more exposure
Please use plain text.
kerronk
Novel Adventurer
Message 17 of 51 (8,037 Views)

Go to Application>settings>applications>manage applications>SKYPE>FORCE STOP!

Hope this helps you!!
Please use plain text.
niksmathew24
Novel Tourist
Message 18 of 51 (7,872 Views)

In windows 7, hit control, alt, delete, Hit "task manager" on the bottom, scroll to skype.exe and select it and stop the process. A simple exit button , C-MON man!
Please use plain text.
ou8it
Novel Tourist
Message 19 of 51 (7,863 Views)

Having to Ctrl-Alt-Del to Quit is inane.  It is pure arrogance to not let users choose when to quit your application.   This is what we call "negative brand value."  Whenever anyone asks me what I think of Skype, I will be sure to tell them "they make it nearly impossible to exit the app" (which is true for the non-technical user.  even right-clicking on the task bar, which the old version seemed to support but the new version doesn't, was bad enough.  But to remove that option?  As someone else said, "Shame on you, Skype."

Please use plain text.
BadDad2012
Novel Tourist
Message 20 of 51 (7,793 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling