Group Video not working on Android

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Group Video not working on Android

[ Edited ]

i have an asus transformer prime and just downloaded skype however i cannot doa group video chat. we tried to connect and it says that i do not have the latest version of skpye to support this which is 5.0. tried to download this but it does not work. does skype group video calls work on an android platform? also cannot see a button on skype for group video calling. 

sawadee
Esteemed Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Hi

To my knowledge, one to one video calling is supported on the Android Phone platform, but Skype group video calling is not supported on cell phones yet.

Group video calling is possible on a PC, but a cell phone cannot be added to the group video call at this time yet.

View solution in original post
othelod
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 18 (15,778 Views)

Re: group video

I have the same issue. Does Skype 5 work on Asus ( Android)?

Can Skype support team please address this question?

Thanks

vsashvin
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 18 (15,600 Views)

Hi Skype Team!
When can we can response to this type of question?

Thanks
ryu457
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 18 (15,526 Views)

Hi

To my knowledge, one to one video calling is supported on the Android Phone platform, but Skype group video calling is not supported on cell phones yet.

Group video calling is possible on a PC, but a cell phone cannot be added to the group video call at this time yet.

sawadee
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 84
Message 4 of 18 (15,516 Views)

Re: Group Video not working on Android

group video 4 android would be convenient
Posted from Toshiba AT200
paulreynolds
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 18 (14,904 Views)

So, is group calls supported on an Android Tablet?

Posted from Asus TF101
AndroidGroupCal
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 18 (12,847 Views)

I would also like to see an answer to this question.

I have just learned that alll the callers on the group video call must be using the same version of Skype.  In otherwords, if the owner of the Premium Account initiatiates the call and uses Win8 for operating system and Call Recipient #1 has Ipad and Call Recipient #2 has Android and Call Recipient #3 has Win7, Call Recipient #4 has MacBook Air, etc. then no group video.  

Does anyone know of an alternative to Skype that would allow group calls when the participants all have different devices?

Extynct
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 18 (12,761 Views)

Had a group meeting with friends who had pc's and when I tried to join them the group call broke down when I used my asus nexus 7 android machine running kitkat 4.4, with my laptop running skype 6.11 all was fine. Also got the notice that version 5.0 or above was needed for group video conferencing and mine was 4.5 on the nexus, so until an upgrade comes along there isnt going to be any group calling on my nexus 7 boo hoo. Please give us proper video conferencing on android tablets skype?

radiantbrow
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 18 (12,731 Views)

[ Edited ]

Sawadee wrote:

... Group video calling is possible on a PC, but a cell phone cannot be added to the group video call at this time yet.

Hi Everyone,

Just to make a clarification on Sawadee's comment, that is ... a PC running Windows, but not a PC running Linux, or a PC running Android (In my opinion, Android is a commercial version and sudo-fork of Linux). Linux users have been waiting for group video for quite a while. And I actively search the net on a consistent basis to monitor progress on the matter, which I have been doing since group video became available on the Skype service.

LinuxMentor
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 9 of 18 (12,654 Views)

To further clarify on comment, I am trying to use an Android Tablet not a cell phone.

Extynct
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 18 (12,633 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling