Ghost Messaging

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Ghost Messaging

I received a notification for a new Skype message, I was able to read the message but my phone timed out when I got distracted, going back into Skype the message wasn't within the history. I've logged out numerous times, even restarted my phone but I still can't find that message. I've tried looking via Skype off my laptop but it only shows my reply. I understand that a user can delete a message but it was just over a minute between when I first viewed it via notification. Also messages I've sent previously still show as 'Pending', though if I've viewed a message from that User then previous messengers should show a time stamp. (correct?!) 

I'm not sure if I've done something wrong, or if there's a bug in my system or something?!

Quite confunded

Confunded
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (233 Views)

Re: Ghost Messaging

Message finally showed up in history - it was posted on Tuesday, it showed up (again) today Friday when the user was logged in. It obviously wasn't deleted and was timed stamped at its initial posting, but what is up with the 3day time lag. If I was able to view the message when it was first sent, it shouldn't be dependent on the sender being logged in again to record upon message history.

Major bug?!

Confunded
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 2 (206 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling